300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of state

My wife and I are looking around the country at different places to move, we're currently living in Arizona, in a Phoenix suburb. We've been looking about some Midwest states, kind of bringing it to Nebraska, Iowa, or Indiana.

just wondering what are some pros and cons of raising kids and working out in Nebraska? Preferably around Omaha and Lincoln.

Also wondering about pay for agencies? Regular salary schedules, take homes, etc. Cost of living is pretty good out there from looking in. Starting out here is usually around $50,000 and maxing at around $73,000 at about 8 years.

Thank you!

Nebraska form is dead as you can see from my post from 2 years ago. My wife has family in Omaha. I checked them out. Salary is listed on their website along with benefits. For average beat cop or detective no take home. They haven't done a lateral in or out of state in years. You'd have to go through there full academy. If I remember the pensions was 60% at 30years of top salary.

Douglas County which includes Omaha, was similar in pay and benefits and retirement. Plus side is you could challenge the Nebraska POST. You go to work as a lateral in the field. One day a week head in and work on the test to challenge. That was straight from the captain of personal.

Lincoln and Lancaster County were similar in pay and benefits. I remember about acadmey or modified academy.

that's what I get when I went out there
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Az,

If you are looking for any further information maybe I can help. Please send me a private message and I will see what I can answer if you are still interested. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones
        Greetings,

I am sorry to disturb you all, but we (NYS Parole Officers) need support from the law enforcement community. Please sign our petition and spread the word.

Thanking you in advance,

DJ
        **** off Dave. We don't care.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17024 users online. 522 members and 16502 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X