X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nebraska_deputy
    replied
    Congratulations

Congratulations Golf! They have some really good instructors in training there I'm really good friends with a couple. Just remember to keep up on your studying and don't take things too personal. It's all about the job and once your done some of the instructors that seem like jerks will become really good friends. The best feeling in your life was probably when you got the final word your were hired. Well I'm here the tell you the only feeling that will make you feel better is when they call your name and walk across that stage and get your certificate. As for the Glock, I carry a Glock22 and only had one problem so far. I had to shoot an animal one night and after firing a second shot the slide locked open and would not close(It's better I found out there was a problem then than in a use of force incident). I ended up having to send it in to be looked at. Other then that throughout the academy I never had any problems with mine and I like the way it grips.

Good Luck and Congratulations

Leave a comment:

• rookie2812
    replied
    Last edited by rookie2812; 06-10-2007, 02:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Emily
    replied
    Originally posted by golfman22
    Hello All,

Today I received my final offer of employment with the City of Omaha!!! The 21 week academy begins on June 5. Its almost a surreal feeling; Ive been in the process for over a year now,so for it to finally be over with and knowing that I am in the academy is incredible. My last decision to make is whether to go with a Glock 21 or a Glock 22 model. Any advice on preference? thanks to everyone for the informative posts, they helped me immensely!
    Congratulations, and good luck in the academy!

Leave a comment:

• golfman22
    replied
    Belts??

I cant believe i dontknow the answer to this question onmy own, but do you wear a regular belt under the duty belt? I went to be fittedfor my uniform today, and the pants are a tad big in the waist. the wont fall down,im just worried about the weight of the duty belt added to this. Im not sure if a regular belt would be very comfortable under the belt or not?

Leave a comment:

• equinox137
    replied
    Originally posted by golfman22
    Hello All,

Today I received my final offer of employment with the City of Omaha!!! The 21 week academy begins on June 5. Its almost a surreal feeling; Ive been in the process for over a year now,so for it to finally be over with and knowing that I am in the academy is incredible. My last decision to make is whether to go with a Glock 21 or a Glock 22 model. Any advice on preference? thanks to everyone for the informative posts, they helped me immensely!
    Congrats Golf

Leave a comment:

• smith0096
    replied
    As for applications, I wish I had a better answer, however, we are down 1 officer with another off due to an accident (injuries). I'd like to hire two now but the city council has other ideas. I'm just the Sgt not the Mayor.

Leave a comment:

• smith0096
    replied
    Congrates. I have two Glock 22 and would not think of anything else to carry on duty. Off duty, I tried the 27 but found it to be a bit too small. The 23 is my next purchase.

Leave a comment:

• golfman22
    replied
    OPD Academy invite

Hello All,

Leave a comment:

• equinox137
    replied
    Originally posted by smith0096
    When your OPD Sgt. catches wind that you crossed the river, drove past Watertucky and were seen in Vallabama in an OPD cruiser...you'll be in the river. Better stick with the Elkhorn area...it's easier for me to drive east than an OPD car drive west.
    I guess the way I should have put it, by the time I work for OPD, there will be a Valley District (i.e. when hell freezes over) LOL
    Last edited by equinox137; 05-04-2006, 06:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nebraska_deputy
    replied
    Valley

When is the next time Valley is going to be taking apps? Also do you think Captain DAN has any chance of taking over the county from Sheriff Tim?

Leave a comment:

• smith0096
    replied
    When your OPD Sgt. catches wind that you crossed the river, drove past Watertucky and were seen in Vallabama in an OPD cruiser...you'll be in the river. Better stick with the Elkhorn area...it's easier for me to drive east than an OPD car drive west.

Leave a comment:

• equinox137
    replied
    Originally posted by smith0096
    Outstanding. With any luck you'll be working in the Elkhorn district.
    Maybe when I work there, I'll work in the Valley district.

Leave a comment:

• smith0096
    replied
    Outstanding. With any luck you'll be working in the Elkhorn district.

Leave a comment:

• golfman22
    replied
    OPD Applicant

Hello,

Ive been reading these posts for a few months now, thought id finally pop up and say hi. I recently finished the final stages of testing for OPD, hopefully waiting for some good news!

Leave a comment:

• equinox137
    replied
    Originally posted by nebraska_deputy
    oh i was talking about OPD 1825, when I left Omaha it was a while back and they were still in the 1600's.
    got it they must have hired quite a bit since then

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5919 users online. 349 members and 5570 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X