Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not much action? UNLPD might try to find some felony stops?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much action? UNLPD might try to find some felony stops?

I know you are all doing your job. But dont you think a felony dealer "Trophy Bass" is a better fish to fry instead of a little college kid "sunfish"?

Try using your discretion to let the pot smoker go if he gives up the felony dealer next time! Unless you have a agenda to bust every football player on campus!?

11 viewers and nobody wants to deny or confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by 85043 View Post
      I know you are all doing your job. But dont you think a felony dealer "Trophy Bass" is a better fish to fry instead of a little college kid "sunfish"?

Try using your discretion to let the pot smoker go if he gives up the felony dealer next time! Unless you have a agenda to bust every football player on campus!?
      Perhaps you might read this: John Stuart Mill On Liberty Chapter IV.

Comment

You can write to Congress. Some Department policy sets do not allow for an Officer to exercise individual discretion to "trade up" like that. That's sometimes more for the Prosecutor to decide.

Comment

Funny thing about fish. If you catch a smaller fish, you can cut it up and use it for bait to catch a much bigger fish. You can also ask the smaller fish where to fish for the big fish, they always know. I caught the same small fish six times in a 2 year period and never was able to reel in the big one. It would seem that the small fish I was dealing with wanted to play games and not give accurate information.

If I caught a small fish, I would still send the case to the prosecutor. They are the ones who make decisions on which fish they will prosecute.

Last edited by slamdunc; 05-02-2015, 07:57 AM.
          “This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Sounds like someone is upset that they got caught breaking the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
              You can write to Congress. Some Department policy sets do not allow for an Officer to exercise individual discretion to "trade up" like that. That's sometimes more for the Prosecutor to decide.
              Exactly. In my jurisdiction, this has to be done through the prosecutor's office, paperwork has to be completed, etc. It is not something that an officer can "just do."

Comment

11 viewers and nobody wants to deny or confirm this?
                What is there to confirm. The student was an adult, committed a crime, and was caught and prosecuted. What do you want from us? Go see your mother or father if you want someone to wipe away your tears.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7978 users online. 194 members and 7784 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X