Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to all that have made it to the new class. It goes without saying, but don't even think about quitting for one second. There will be times you just want to give up and walk out, but 10 minutes of relief is not worth a lifetime of regret.

Good luck all! Hopefully everyone will make it through.

Comment

Thanks Donks! I'm sure all that have received their final offer thus far join me in saying this feeling is beyond exciting and the waiting could not end sooner!

Question- do you know if our academy class will graduate in 20 weeks as well, like the most recent recruit class; or has the format returned to the 24 week training schedule similar to what you completed? I'll be there successful and proud at the end of either length of time being that I'll never know what quitting anything feels like, but I was curious nonetheless.

Comment

you guys still on for July? heard rumors of the usual delay. true or false?

Comment

I haven't received any correspondence regarding a postponed start date, as of yet.

Comment

I was informed by a very reliable source (don't we all just love that phrase) that the class was initially scheduled to begin on 6 July and has already been postponed 2-weeks to the current start date of 20 July. As of now, this has not changed.

Comment

Blue,

Last I heard they were still keeping it at the 20 weeks. Now keep in mind of course all this could change at a moments notice but last I heard they will be sticking with the 20 weeks. This new class I heard they are pushing physical fitness much more then they have in the past so I would be as close to ready to go as possible fitness wise. They used to have 3 different testing periods and you would have to be up to standards by the last one. New rumor is that if you don't hit everything the first time you are done. Now they just spent a ton of money to get you to the academy and they can't replace you if you quit/get fired, so I don't put too much stock in that.

If there is anything else I might be able to answer, I will do my best. Keep in mind I can't/won't give out certain things. Glad you are excited but academy is all about pacing yourself and making it to the end, not proving you are the best at everything.

Comment

Donks,

Thanks for the reply and advice! I have also personally heard quite a bit of what you have noted and am approaching this as the new academy standard with no intentions of testing its follow thru. Currently, I serve in the reserves and our standards are a bit more stringent than what we need to achieve minimally in the academy so I have just been keeping with my normal fitness routine to ensure I don't fall short.

Definitely mentally preparing myself for a "marathon" of wide variety and am unspeakably grateful for this opportunity after several years of waiting so "success" is my watchword going forward, not "superiority" whatsoever.

Thanks again for the guidance and willingness to be a resource for all of us new recruits!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19753 users online. 547 members and 19206 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X