Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omaha Police Department 2013 Hiring Annoucement

Fellow applicants,

I was hoping to start this forum for those currently in the 2013 hiring process. I have read many of the posts from the earlier announcements and there were many replies from applicants. Being that this announcement has over 800 people on the list, hopefully we can get a lot of people to chime in on their experience in the process. As for me, I tested well on written part, had my background interview/polygraph back in August and just waiting to hear back.... (anxiously waiting to hear back)

Hopefully some fellow applicants will see this forum and chime in on their experience/current situation in the hiring process.
    Last edited by ne.fitness; 10-22-2013, 12:37 AM.

Bueller....
    Bueller.......
    Bueller..........

Surely there has to be other applicants in the process who navigate their way through this site.

Comment

still waiting

I'm a currently in the process as well. I am ranked 178 on the eligibility list but I haven't heard anything from anyone since handing in my Background packet and doing the small interview. Still crossing my fingers though, but its not looking good for me as I heard through JoinOPD FB page that they are going to start giving conditionals very soon. Good luck to you!

Comment

anyone left?

Comment

Hahaha Still waiting to hear back... I have done interview with BI, poly, and just waiting. Yourself?

Comment

Was scouring the net trying to connect with anyone in the process and your post was pretty much it. I registered a while back but couldn't post.

Got a call on Jan 31 saying I'm in the April academy but the date is still a mystery. I'm supposedly waiting on something in the mail...

Comment

Tapatio---- Check your inbox... I sent you a Personal Message

Comment

Didn't score high, but still have some hope... not really.

Comment

So, anyone with "inside info" floating around out there?

Comment

Hey guys, I am currently in the process as well. I had almost given up hope but I received a call from backgrounds yesterday to set up my interview. Does anyone know what the plans are for the Academy? I have heard about it starting in April but I have also heard rumors of two classes this year one in April and then another in October.

Comment

Good to hear it's moving along again. In case you're not aware, Mayor Stothert gave her State of the City Address on Wed the 26th. This is pulled from the speech/her website:

Public safety is my number one priority and responsibility. It must be and it always will be. We are focused on policing and crime-fighting strategies to address the long-standing problem of gun violence in our city. It’s clear. More needs to be done and more will be done. We will put more officers on the street this year. A recruit class will begin training April 14. The class of approximately 35 officers will be on the street in December. This will bring our police department back to its authorized strength of 804 officers.
                      April 14 was the date I heard from another source, I guess he was right. One class per year seems like slim pickings but who knows.

Comment

wow, that is coming up really quick! Tapatio - any advise for me going forward? I have my backgrounds interview next week, then i assume I will have to do the polygraph, phyc, medical, and at least one more interview. Am I missing anything here, this seems like a lot to squeeze into roughly a months time.

Comment

Based on the timeline of my process, it is highly unlikely that it can all be completed in one month. Even the most simple background investigation will likely take longer than that.

After meeting with your BI he/she should schedule you for a poly. They only have two examiners so this could be a wait.

If you pass the poly you should then be scheduled for the Chief's Interview. Pass that and assuming no glaring background issues/disqualification you'll receive a conditional offer which allows them to send you to medical and psych.

Up until that point it's mostly you waiting for them. If and when you get that conditional offer, it's up to you to get in gear as you have one week to schedule what amounts to about five separate appointments.

Long story short, if you're starting now you should be good shape no matter when the next class (after April) starts.
                          Last edited by Tapatio; 02-28-2014, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Good luck all! We can't wait for a new class to start. The bump up in seniority would be nice.

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14974 users online. 263 members and 14711 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X