300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Vista PD

I see that they are hiring. Anyone know much about this department? About all I know comes from the job announcement on the NLETC website.

Thanks

They have a good department good equipment and a lot of good officers. It's a growing community to the West. Sounds like there is going to be a lot of people testing there certified and non-certified. Just from my agency there was 6 or so guys who applied there.

The woman I talked to in their personnel department said they want both officers to be certified to save money and time getting people on the street. She did say last resort if they can't find a certified officer then they will look at non-certified, not sure how true that is it's just what the personnel person said. The woman I talked with said there is going to be polygraph, psychological test, and physical agility, background of course, and doctors physical.

She said the physical agility has yet to be determined, because they have not done their own test in years. One of the deputies I work with worked there through his FTO and had to leave because of family issues. He said it was a great department to work for.
    Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

I have a couple buds that work there. One said they're hiring at least 2 which were new positions. Like Nebraska Deputy said LV is growing to the West and has good officers. Alot more activity to deal with than you would think.
      They have about 35 sworn, built a new police station and drive B-W Chargers! FOP got a good raise in their contract. Most of the cops there are younger and the command staff lets them do police work.
      I wouldn't say they would just be looking at laterals. Their Civil Service process controls the final list based on the entire hiring process.

Comment

A friend of mine who's on Lavista emailed me tonight they are also taking applications for a Sergeant, along with the two officer positions.
        Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

Originally posted by nebraska_deputy View Post
          They have a good department good equipment and a lot of good officers. It's a growing community to the West. Sounds like there is going to be a lot of people testing there certified and non-certified. Just from my agency there was 6 or so guys who applied there.
          Wow...should be pretty competitive. Sounds like a good department overall...good pay, equipment, etc.

Comment

It should be one good party. Good luck in the testing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6043 users online. 318 members and 5725 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X