300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish, Wildlife, and Parks?

Anyone know when they'll open it up for hiring again?

Anyone have any intel on this agency? Morale/training/equipment, etc?

Just looking around at options and am considering them as a possibility....
    He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
    -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    -- Hemingway

Best place to look for information is on their website located here.

They seem like a good department. You need a 4 year degree to apply. Lots of freedom when you are on duty, but I suppose it has its draw backs. Everyone you deal with is armed and your back up is litteraly hours away. You get your own take home vehicle. Not sure on firearms if they provide or you pick. I know thier uniforms look pretty comfortable, jeans and flanel shirts. And they all seem to bring their dogs with them. For training they attend the same 12-14 week basic LE Academy all LE Officers attend in the state. It is located in Helena. Your class will consist of City Police, Highway Patrol, Deputies, Brand Inspectors, Tribal, FWP, etc.

As for job openings just visit the Montana Job Service web page and search for LE jobs. All MT LE jobs are posted at the Job Service.
    Last edited by Darkwulfe; 04-16-2007, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks, wulfe

Last time I talked to the head honcho up there, I think he said they'd be opening it up for applications again in June. That's cool they can take their dogs along.... Sounds like my dream job, but then again, I seem prone to hyperbole
      He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
      -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
      -- Hemingway

Comment

Wulfe, do you know if they offer state-subsidized housing in remote areas? Trying to figure out how I could live on $31K......
        -- Nietzsche

-- Hemingway

Comment

I really don't know as I never checked into it myself. But don't come to Montana if you are looking to make lots of money. Most departments start around that. Only a few of the bigger departments in the larger cities start higher. And that's around $35,000. Also expect to pay around $250,000 + for a 3 bedroom 2 bath home on a city lot if you want to live in Bozeman, Missoula, Billings or Helena. You can find cheaper areas though, just live further out in the county. Stay away from any boom or resort areas.

Butte is one of the best places to live just for affordability. The pay is on scale with the other bigger departments, yet housing is much cheaper. But not everyone wants to live in Butte.

Comment

Well, I don't have to make alot of money. I just want to be able to support the family. Maybe I'll sell a kidney or something, Montana is worth it....

I do like the Butte area, especially south of town.
            -- Nietzsche

-- Hemingway

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3593 users online. 232 members and 3361 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X