300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bia

I never have understood how they work...It seems like they are tasked with enforcing laws in tribal areas, but do they also routinely stop / arrest non tribal members, on / off the reservations? I have seen them serve as backup for MHP and the local S.O.'s a few times, mostly around Ronan and also throughout Glacier County. Are they part of the Department of Interior?

Off reservation enforcement really depends on what type of mutual aid/cross deputized they have with the state or local county. I would have to assume they arrest non-natives on the reservation. The reservation I work we are state certified, BIA SLEC and then are tribal sworn. We can arrest non members on and off the reservation. The BIA is part of the DOI. There are a couple BIA guys on here that can probably give more detailed answers..

Comment

Thought I'd dust the cover off of this old thread as I'm now directly pursuing a 0083 series BIA position. Any of you BIA guys / gals know if a P.O.S.T. certified police officer from out of state, with NO Native American blood would have a shot at this position? I suspect I would probably end up around one of the Hardin area reservations outside of Billings if hired. How long a wait would it be to transfer to the Ronan area?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3819 users online. 243 members and 3576 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X