300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept.

Anyone know anything about the Jeff Co Sheriff's Dept - either good or bad? From what I know, the sheriff has a decent reputation, but the department's salary and benefits have a lot to be desired. Anyone know the pros and cons of working for this agency? Thanks!

If Glen is still the Sheriff he's a great guy, went to the academy with him after he got elected. They should have a website showing pay.
    A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
      If Glen is still the Sheriff he's a great guy, went to the academy with him after he got elected. They should have a website showing pay.
      Yeah, he's still the sheriff. I don't know him personally, but I've heard nothing but good things about him. Jefferson county is growing. In my opinion, he has been successful in turning the department around and making it a more professional organization.

The pay is low for the St. Louis metro area, but I could tolerate the lower pay, especially considering that you get a take home car. My real concern is the retirement. I spoke with somebody in benefits and was told that retirement for deputies is 1.5 percent for every year of service. So, let's say that you spend 30 years with the department, then your retirement would be only 45 percent of your final salary. That scares me.

Anyway, those were the figures I was given by the woman that I spoke with. If anyone knows differently, please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by steve63640 View Post
        organization.

My real concern is the retirement. .
        We are in CERF and Lagers which is a better than that. They should also be in CERF plus whatever else they have.

I would go ahead and get on, get experience, check out retirement and move on if it is not what you want.

I know his concern (15 years ago) was to make Jefferson CO more up to date and professional. I haven't heard anything negative since, that says alot.

He offered me and another guy I work with a job while at the academy. After seeing how much politics plays in this line, I wonder what I would be doing now.
        Last edited by ray8285; 08-06-2008, 10:11 PM.
        A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Not sure what the min salary is there, but a Deputies Minimum Salary Bill was passed, which bumps the min salary up to 28,000.

I would imagine they probably pay more, but not entirely sure on that.
          Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

according to their website www.jcsd.org

DEPUTY SHERIFF - CURRENT OPENINGS

Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and possess a high school diploma or equivalent. All applicants must have or be able to obtain Missouri P.O.S.T. certification by appointment date. All applicants must complete a written test, oral interview, physical agility test, psychological examination, and physical examination. Salary is $32,808.00 per year plus benefits to include, but not limited to, health and dental insurance for employee, life insurance, retirement benefits, holiday and sick days. Shift work is required. Residency within Jefferson County is required

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5606 users online. 311 members and 5295 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X