300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff City

Hey guys, I have a buddy who is going to be testing with Jeff in the near future and if anybody has experience with their test, the info would be appreciated. Any additional info on the dept and the selection process would be great as well. Thanks!
    LAPD

Jeff City

Hey,
    I'm actually a Deputy Sheriff in Jefferson City. Is your buddy testing for the PD or one of the other gazillion police departments in this town? What questions do you have?

Comment

Yeah, he's actually testing for the PD and MSHP. He was just wondering about the written exam and the selection process in general. He said he didnt pass the written a year or so ago he'd like to know what he can study to improve....my agency's exam was a joke so I cant offer much guidance, I am hoping to reach out to MO naitives...What other depts are there besides Cole county sheriffs and Capitol police? He also isnt POST certified, so im sure that limits where he can apply as well. Do you guys sponser recruits? If so, Ill tell him to apply....Thanks for all the help, its much appreciated.
      LAPD

Comment

There are a ton of Law Enforcement Depts. here in Jefferson City. MSHP, Cole County SD, Jefferson City PD, Lincoln University Police, Missouri Capitol Police, Missouri Water Patrol, Missouri Fire Marshal, Missouri Dept of Public Safety Liquor Control Agents, Missouri Gamming Agents, Missouri State Park Rangers, and more those are just off the top of my head. If he isn't POST certified he would be best to apply to JCPD as they sponsor someone on occasion. We hire jailers and then if they prove good they have the opportunity to become Deputies. We are actually taking applications now for jail staff as were are building a new 180 bed jail and department. They positions will be filled in Jan 09 but the process is starting now. I would maybe he should look into the Missouri Sheriffs Assoc. Training Academy here in Jefferson City as they offer financial aid through Drury University so the academy is paid for. They have a website just google Missouri Sheriffs Assoc. (not to be confused with Missouri Deputy Sheriffs Assoc) As of right now the Sheriffs Dept here doesn't do a written test. They PDs test from what I understand consists of memory recall. They give you 20 minutes to study a book containing mug shots, vitals, and reports then take it away and ask you questions regarding it.

Comment

Originally posted by DDixon1000 View Post
          There are a ton of Law Enforcement Depts. here in Jefferson City. MSHP, Cole County SD, Jefferson City PD, Lincoln University Police, Missouri Capitol Police, Missouri Water Patrol, Missouri Fire Marshal, Missouri Dept of Public Safety Liquor Control Agents, Missouri Gamming Agents, Missouri State Park Rangers, and more those are just off the top of my head. If he isn't POST certified he would be best to apply to JCPD as they sponsor someone on occasion. We hire jailers and then if they prove good they have the opportunity to become Deputies. We are actually taking applications now for jail staff as were are building a new 180 bed jail and department. They positions will be filled in Jan 09 but the process is starting now. I would maybe he should look into the Missouri Sheriffs Assoc. Training Academy here in Jefferson City as they offer financial aid through Drury University so the academy is paid for. They have a website just google Missouri Sheriffs Assoc. (not to be confused with Missouri Deputy Sheriffs Assoc) As of right now the Sheriffs Dept here doesn't do a written test. They PDs test from what I understand consists of memory recall. They give you 20 minutes to study a book containing mug shots, vitals, and reports then take it away and ask you questions regarding it.
          I don't see where the JCPD is hiring jailers. Is this something you have to call on?

Comment

He works for the county sheriffs dept and thats who is hiring jailers.
            LAPD

Comment

Jeff

Sorry I wasn't clear on that. I'm a Deputy with the Cole County Sheriffs Dept. We are now taking apps for Jan 08 hire. They are asking the county commission for 8 spots and when the new jail is opened they are looking for somewhere between 20-30 more spots. The isn't any advertisement of the department taking apps right now but we are. If interested go in during the day and ask for an app or print one off the county website and return it to Darlene between 8-4. If you don't get it to Darlene there is no gurantee the app will get where it needs to go lol. If you start out as a jailer they have been known to work around your schedule and allow you to go to the academy at a later date. JCPD is hiring officer and always hiring dispatchers. Keep in mind however that the county will have brand new facilities and offices in a year!

Comment

[QUOTE=DDixon1000;1358956]Sorry I wasn't clear on that. I'm a Deputy with the Cole County Sheriffs Dept. We are now taking apps for Jan 08 hire. They are asking the county commission for 8 spots and when the new jail is opened they are looking for somewhere between 20-30 more spots. The isn't any advertisement of the department taking apps right now but we are. If interested go in during the day and ask for an app or print one off the county website and return it to Darlene between 8-4. If you don't get it to Darlene there is no gurantee the app will get where it needs to go lol. If you start out as a jailer they have been known to work around your schedule.

Boy, that web site sure lacks info...lol.
                Last edited by dsns5000; 08-21-2008, 01:32 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6713 users online. 347 members and 6366 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X