300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Agility Assessment for the Academy

Hi, I'm looking for some info on the PT Assessment. I cut and pasted this from the Academy webpage

>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Physical Agility Assessment

All police applicants are required to take a physical agility assessment examination. The recommended entrance performance standards are listed below. The results of the physical agility assessment will be forwarded to the applicant's sponsoring agency. Recruits are required to pass the physical agility examination at mid-term and at graduation as a condition of attendance and graduation.

>>>>>>>>>>>

So is there an assessment for the applicant prior to his acceptance? The info above says mid-term and graduation. Can someone provide me with some more info about how the whole PT assessment works? More interested in the process, not the requirements (ie. 1 1/2 mile in 12:18)

Thanks

I've done a couple of the PT tests now. I can help. When you turn in your application, you will be called. Depending on what department you are testing for, the requirements are different. With the highway patrol, you go and do your written test first, then if you pass that, you do your PT test directly afterward. With St. Louis County, you do your PT test first, then if you pass, you do the written test. Generally you will come to the academy and do a seriers of tests. Push-ups, sit-ups, 1.5 mile run, 100m dash, trunk-flex, vertical jump etc. From what I hear, you do them again when you actually get to the academy, then half way through, and then at the end.
    Hope this helps.
    Jim K.
    ----------------------------------------
    MO State Highway Patrol
    Application- Accepted
    Written and Physical Test-10/18/2008 Troop C
    Poly-
    Background-
    Oral-
    Conditional Offer-
    Physical-
    Psych-
    Academy-July 1, 2009
    Graduate- Dec. 18, 2009

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4091 users online. 210 members and 3881 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X