300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branson Mo. PD

I will be class A certified in December of this year and am thinking about applying to the Branson PD. Does anyone know about the reputation of the department, or have any helpful info you could give me. I heard they hire alot of new graduates. Although, I also heard the turn around rate was pretty high. Thank you for the help.

I knew an officer who worked there and he said they are pretty much expected to be seen and not heard. To much self initiated activity such as tickets, dui arrest are good ways to get you to work traffic control in the middle of the city. Althouth the pay was good, you had to take a lot of crap from people. But it may have changed sinced he worked there 4 years ago. See if you can do a ride along and get to know the PD personally

Comment

There is a new Chief in Branson.....he's been there about 2 years....came up through the Department....and is a great guy.....I personally know him through training....

PD is growing....pay is ok for the area....guys/gals seem to like it a lot since he took over. No one had any bitches or gripes when I was there 2 years ago..... I would assume the turnover is because of the pay.....as they are only paying a LT 36K........

Looking at the city website, it looks like they have some new pimped out Chargers....black and whites with nice LEDs.....so he's getting things done.... Traffic is a freaking nightmare there during the "In" season....but that's to be expected since there is no where to go.....and it would cost a fortune to drill through the hills....

If I was going back to MO....Branson would be a place that I would look at working at....

http://www.cityofbranson.org/police/welcome.htm
      Last edited by Bearcat357; 08-02-2007, 10:51 PM.

Comment

You couldn't pay me enough to work there.

* Tourist town = locals thieving from tourists and tourists being...well...tourists
        * Horrible traffic issues
        * Did I mention tourist town?

Comment

Originally posted by NBW791 View Post
          You couldn't pay me enough to work there.

* Tourist town = locals thieving from tourists and tourists being...well...tourists
          * Horrible traffic issues
          * Did I mention tourist town?

I would much rather work there than play in the ghetto's of KCK.....

Though, your right....traffic sucks down there......not sure if they can do anything about it due to the layout of the land down there......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
            I would much rather work there than play in the ghetto's of KCK.....

Though, your right....traffic sucks down there......not sure if they can do anything about it due to the layout of the land down there......
            In the summer, Branson is a sea of blue hairs and RV's.....

Comment

I have a friend that is chief at West Branson. He told me that about all they deal with is traffic and the usual small town issues. Not sure if I could afford to live there, though. Property values are through the roof.

Comment

This town is made up of Old people that can't drive, and hillbillies that come out of the hills once a year to see the "big" city. It is a nice area outside of Branson itself ie, Table Rock Lake. Housing around the lake is really pricey, but south of the border in arkansas and in northern stone and taney counties its not to bad. Keep in mind that pay in this area is not going to be very good unless you work for the State or Springfield.
                Hired !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by glock17guy View Post
                  ...unless you work for the State...
                  That's your best bet there. Do that!

Comment

Anyone know anything about Hollister PD on the south side of Branson?

Comment

Originally posted by KCSpartacus View Post
                      Anyone know anything about Hollister PD on the south side of Branson?
                      You're better off making a new thread rather than tacking onto a year old thread. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Why? It got you to read it!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9864 users online. 466 members and 9398 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X