Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any St. Joseph, MO, cops here?

Hey brother/sister LEO's -

An unusual request. Last week, I just learned how, where, and when my grandfather (my dad's dad) died.

What, if anything, stands at 2121 South 9th Street, in St. Joseph, MO?

He died in December 1950, and ran a gas station nearby.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kieth M.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    Hey brother/sister LEO's -

An unusual request. Last week, I just learned how, where, and when my grandfather (my dad's dad) died.

What, if anything, stands at 2121 South 9th Street, in St. Joseph, MO?

He died in December 1950, and ran a gas station nearby.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kieth M.
    If you can hang on.....I will be there in the last part of Aug....and can let you know.....as I don't think there is anyone from SJPD or Buco SD on here....

If you want it faster than that.....I can make calls......

Comment

Take your time....I didn't even know his name until about 15 years ago. I just learned where he died last week, when I saw his MO death cert on line.

When and if you can...I'll appreciate it!

Thanks,
      KM
      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
        Take your time....I didn't even know his name until about 15 years ago. I just learned where he died last week, when I saw his MO death cert on line.

When and if you can...I'll appreciate it!

Thanks,
        KM
        No problem. I will be home in late Aug when I head to a LE Conference in Springfield.....then head back for a long weekend with the parents (that's about all I can stand)...... I will go down there and get some pics and let you know what's up....

If you want me to..... I can call a buddy....or make JBever58 since I am sporting him a nice duty bag since he got hired on at OPKS PD.....and his Dad lives/works in the area.....and so does his Uncle..... I am sure his Dad and Uncle have ran calls to the area.....

Comment

I e-mailed a fellow patch trader that works for SJPD. I'll let you know what I find out when I do.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...y=US&geodiff=1

Looks like a business area maybe.
          Last edited by NBW791; 06-16-2007, 12:58 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Originally posted by NBW791 View Post
            I e-mailed a fellow patch trader that works for SJPD. I'll let you know what I find out when I do.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...y=US&geodiff=1

Looks like a business area maybe.
            Should have figured you would know someone there patchwise Nick......

It's a business area (if I remember right) but I think there are some houses there as well. I haven't been there in a while......as the Midwest Mobile (Radio shop for 90% of the area agencies) is located nearby......

I guess you can always whack the Dingo in the head for me.....and send him up North.....with the promise of CPT when he returns....

Comment

Using Google maps allowed me to get a better view of the area. It appears to be a neighborhood and there is a gas station very close to the arrow.

Comment

hey

I will see if a SJPD officer that I know can take a digital photo of 2121 S. 9th.

Comment

try google earth...
                  A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Bearcat357 I am new to the forum and just saw this thread. Though I am not a LEO yet I did grow up around the St. Joe area. Don't know if you still need to know what is at the address. If you do let me know. My folks still live around there and could easily tell me what is there.

Comment

Originally posted by McBee View Post
                      Bearcat357 I am new to the forum and just saw this thread. Though I am not a LEO yet I did grow up around the St. Joe area. Don't know if you still need to know what is at the address. If you do let me know. My folks still live around there and could easily tell me what is there.
                      Not sure what Kieth's need are still.......

I will be there in less than a month.....and I think the youngest of the Beaver clan was going to talk to his Uncle or his Dad....or at least some of the guys/gals they work for and get something done.....

Thanks....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3858 users online. 244 members and 3614 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X