http://www.mopca.com/mpca/le-listings.html

http://mopoa.org/jobs

Comment

St.Louis City is Hiring.

Comment

St. Louis County

St. Louis County PD is hiring!

Comment

Im Looking For Smalled Depts..im Certified In Missouri So Im Looking For County Or Pd's...mainly In The West Southwest Side Of Missouri, But Ive Worked For A Dept In Morgan County By Lake Of The Ozarks For A Year And Me And My Wife Love That Area, So I Would Not Mind Living In That Area Again...again Any Help Would Help...lol..thanks
          --Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6--

"In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC"

Comment

Go to "Greathires.org" It's the State of MO Job Services website......

According to it.....Fulton, Independence, Springfield, Camdenton, and Grandview are all hiring.

They have the Airport in KC hiring as well. You apply there, I will beat you senseless......

Also check with Newton County (they are hiring according to their website), Carthage, Neosho, Battlefield, Branson, Joplin, and some of the other places in SW MO......it seems like they are always hiring.....

Comment

Thanks..where DO U GET The Newton County Website..i Have An App In There..i Spoke With A Guy I Know There..
              Is There Something Wrong With The Airport?
              I Almost APPLIED There When I Finished The Academy...before...but Really Did Not Want To Move Up There From Joplin
              If It Is Still Like It Was They Are Looking For A Bit Of People..lol
              Last edited by cmv_5; 06-17-2007, 04:16 AM.
              --Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6--

"In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC"

Comment

Originally posted by cmv_5 View Post
                where DO U GET The Newton County Website
                http://www.nc-so.org/

Originally posted by cmv_5 View Post
                Is There Something Wrong With The Airport?
                Yeah...I know a ton of folks that went there (or are still there) and they:

1. Are not allowed to self initate any work..... If you try, you will be punished for it. No questions ask and if try to fight it you will get canned. They would rather face a lawsuit than let you be a real LEO.....

2. Supervisors that will not back you....because they are afraid to get fired.....

3. Have been known to dump drugs into toilets.....then let the folks fly without charges......

4. Have ordered Officers to let folks with warrants, dope, DUIs, etc go.....

5. When trying to leave there, you will not get a good recommendation....no matter how good of an officer you were.....and you will get screwed out of jobs....just so they can keep you.....

6. Has high ranking officers that have very, very shady backgrounds.....

7. Are commissioned as "Special Officers".....the same as a security guards.... They are allowed by memorandum (with KCPD) to make arrests and all that....but as stated above....you do and you will not have a long life there career wise.....they only arrest when they have to and when it makes them look good for the media.

The whole jest of it is this.....they (the Aviation Dept....who you would fall under...not KCPD) want to place to look safe to the general public. If you go out arresting folks...that will make the stats look bad for them.

We (KCPD and my Sheriff's Dept) use to go out and work traffic there....and it would drive the bastards insane.....because there was nothing they could do to us......

I would strongly suggest to anyone looking there....to stay the hell away.....

Comment

Just to reiterate the KCI Airport Police thing, I've heard many of the same things from two other officers who used to work there.

1. One said when he first started, they were not allowed to do any self-initiated activity between 0200 and 0600 hrs, due to early morning flights or something. After he left, and after 09-11-01, they were not allowed to so SI stuff at all. They just stood in the terminals like a TSA security guard waiting for calls (disturbances and whatnot).

2. They are referred to as "glorified meter maids" because that's about all they do - run people off for parking in the drop off lane.

3. One officer, who was an officer in a neighboring state for about 3 years prior, kept getting denied promotion to corporal. To be a corporal, you had to be an EMT, which he was. There were people hired AFTER him who got promoted over him. From what he said, and from what I saw when I went through their hiring process, the chief up there seems a bit racist towards the white male community. This guy was white and was passed over for promotions by other races. That officer has since quit, filed a discrimination suit against the airport, gotten out of law enforcement due to his bad treatment he received and now drives a truck OTR.

4. I scored very well on my test. My interview probably could have been better, but whose couldn't be? The chief was a JERK to me in the interview and I don't know why. I asked a few questions of him (as you should in an interview) and he was reluctant to even answer my questions. When he did answer, they were short, ****y answers accompanied by rude, fed-up facial expressions. I was told I would be on the list and would be called at a later date. That was about 6 years ago. I'm still waiting on my phone call. After my interview, I didn't hear another word from them.

5. Avoid KCI like the plague. If you want to be a security guard, go ahead. It's good training (KCPD academy), but get out after a year or so IF YOU CAN. But like Bearcat said, you'll get a bad referral probably. And if you leave within 2 years, they'll try to make you repay them for the academy (or your new agency).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2525 users online. 124 members and 2401 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X