300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deputy Sheriff

what does anyone know about the Christian county sheriffs department? As you can tell I have been checking out all different departments of law enforcment. I talked with a deputy Sheriff today and it sounded like I might enjoy that as well.

Originally posted by Nixa65714
    what does anyone know about the Christian county sheriffs department? As you can tell I have been checking out all different departments of law enforcment. I talked with a deputy Sheriff today and it sounded like I might enjoy that as well.
    Honestly, I don't know anyone there.....at all....nor anyone that has worked there. I know Ozark is a pretty decent sized town (9K) but that's about it.....

Sorry....

Comment

they start at 21,000 a year... try living on that... Ozark has 14,000 now
      Hired !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by glock17guy
        they start at 21,000 a year... try living on that... Ozark has 14,000 now
        Ick.....no way one could live on that.

Didn't realize Ozark was that big......and they pay that crappy......

You get what you pay for.....

Comment

that is so true.. I looked and am wrong. ozark has 10K and nixa around 14k... Ozark has seen some major changes ie. drugs and gang members moving into small town america.... Christain County is again reported to be on of the fastest growing counties in the United States. The Sheriff is a real *** hat, but atlest he has more than 1 officer on patrol at night, but he did disband the SWAT team to do it
          Hired !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by glock17guy
            The Sheriff is a real *** hat, but atlest he has more than 1 officer on patrol at night, but he did disband the SWAT team to do it
            Stealing from Peter to pay Paul......

I don't know too many folks down in that neck of the State. I do know the Chief of Branson....and work there in a hearbeat if I every returned to MO and headed down south......

The pay has to go up....and hopefully, the State will do something about that soon.....as you end up getting a few broke dicks working with you.....and that's not a good thing......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357
              The pay has to go up....and hopefully, the State will do something about that soon.....as you end up getting a few broke dicks working with you.....and that's not a good thing......
              The bill I think you are referring to died in commitee, due to someone attaching an amendment that would have done away with the office of sheriff. The original bill would have required a starting salary of 28K statewide. That would probably be pretty good for the counties that are not already above that.

You can always apply for the MSHP. We have a need for more troopers in the Branson area. The academy will be far worse than you would have otherwise, but after it is over, it will be well worth it. We start at about 35K after the academy. You are paid during the academy, but I'm sure of the rate.

Comment

Originally posted by MO Trooper
                The bill I think you are referring to died in commitee, due to someone attaching an amendment that would have done away with the office of sheriff. The original bill would have required a starting salary of 28K statewide. That would probably be pretty good for the counties that are not already above that.
                I saw something on that bill in my hometown paper..... What a bunch of idiots. They wanted to completly eliminate the Office of Sheriff and let you'all take care of it if I recall.....

We had a couple of our State Reps back home voted on it......then freaked when they realized what they had voted on (nothing like voting on stuff you weren't properly briefed on by your staff....)

Thank God that didn't pass........

But back to the pay......something has to be done.....as some of these small towns/counties are paying in the early to mid 20s.....How in the wold can anyone live on that..???

Comment

I agree, something has to be done about the pay for rural deputies/officers. The legislature had the opportunity to do the right thing......but they didn't. As I understand it, the amendment would have created a "state police" completely seperate from the MSHP. If hiring preference was given to deputies/officers this might have been a good thing, but eliminating an elected office would be a hard sell.

Comment

I agree, something has to be done about the pay for rural deputies/officers. The legislature had the opportunity to do the right thing......but they didn't.
                    Yeah...something has to be done. I know (having worked for a rural county) the pay absolutely blows.....hence why I went to a city agency.....

As I understand it, the amendment would have created a "state police" completely seperate from the MSHP. If hiring preference was given to deputies/officers this might have been a good thing, but eliminating an elected office would be a hard sell.
                    I can't remember the specifics of the bill....but I believe you are correct now that I think about it.... It was going to create a KBI/GBI type organizaton and was going to strip powers from the Sheriff or elimate the office....I can't remember what. I do know a bunch of the NW MO Sheriff's went to Jeff City to corner all the area House Reps/Senators and chatted with them. Luckily that went away.....

Comment

I believe the Sheriff's Association slapped a bunch of legislators over this, and rightly so. I would think they would at least read a bill before voting on it.

Comment

I believe the Sheriff's Association slapped a bunch of legislators over this, and rightly so. I would think they would at least read a bill before voting on it.
                        My Cousin is a State Senator......and he blamed it on his staff not properly briefing him ........as he said he liked the idea of the State Investigative thing (not sure what you'all would have done with DDC since it wasn't going to be a part of the Patrol)......

Yeah.....from what one of the Sheriff's I know back in NW MO said.....they showed up in full force and beeeatch slapped a bunch of folks....

Comment

The academy will be far worse than you would have otherwise, but after it is over, it will be well worth it.
                          I can't speak for Missouri, but as for Kansas, that statement hits the nail on the head. It SUCKS in the academy (and I hear MO's is worse than ours), but it is WELL worth it in the end. I'd do it again if I had to just to keep my job, as much as I wouldn't WANT to.

You can't go wrong with MOSHP as far as I'm concerned. As far as I know, there are a LOT of avenues you can take during your career.

I used to be a city cop in Kansas, and I would say life in general is just better on the Patrol.

Comment

I've had several guys from my dept. go State and said the academy is very similar to boot camp in the military.

Our Sheriff (and many others) went to Jeff City when the final vote was coming up and advised them of how studid the bill was. Nothing against the HP but they already can't handle the traffic load here, how in **** would they be able to take care of the criminal as well.

One other thing, they would have had to redo the Missouri constitution. It lays out the SO WILL provide court security, detention and serve civil papers.
                            A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4686 users online. 242 members and 4444 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X