300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drury University

I live in the Nixa Mo. area and will be attending the Drury University Law enforcement Academy in Aug of 2007. I was wondering if anyone here went to the Drury Academy and could give me a little insight on what it is like and what to expect. Also, I am considering applying for the Nixa police department and was curiouse if Nixa is a good department and what kind of reputation it has.I would greatly appreciate any comments or advice anyone could give me.
    Last edited by Nixa65714; 04-13-2007, 02:37 PM.

Drury Good, put on by Springfield PD. Its just a short no PT version of thier own. Nixa has always been about the best smaller Dept in the area. Have fun.

PS Drury still 470 or 600 now.

Comment

I think they are 470, but that might have changed... they do PT.... just not as much as SPD... they run passed the office some times
      Hired !!!!!

Comment

Drury or Spd

I had mentioned previously that I was interested in Drury University and the Nixa PD. Recently I have been looking more into the springfield PD. If I applied for the Springfield PD would there be any point in going to Drury University? The only thing that I am lacking is the 60 college credit hours. although, I may be able to have them completed in just six months. The only thing that I am a little worried about is my credit and work history. I have moved around alot and have had many jobs since I was sixteen. Any idea how these things would affect me from getting accepted into the SPD. I have just recently registered to this site and appreciate all of you taking the time to answer my questions.

Comment

SPD is hurting for people.. really really bad !!! --- They had only 13 in the academy that is graduating this week... in the past they had 35. going to drury for police work is not a good idea if you want to be in spd ... go to OTC get the Assoc. degree and then join SPD... work of caution --- people are leaving spd in droves
          Hired !!!!!

Comment

Do you have any idea why so many officers are leaving the SPD? That may not be a very good sign, huh? Do you think that they would let me apply even though my credits may not be finished until about a month before the academy would begin.

Comment

Poor City management, leadership issues... A lot of issues inside the department... most people leaving are veteran officers... dont know about the college thing
              Hired !!!!!

Comment

SPD is PICKY!!!!!. I know personally people who were bouced from the hiring process for as little as a single small collection in thier history. Nixa would be a better dept to go to for morale. Also look at some lesser known. Stone County SO Branson PD, Taney County SO. All good departments.

Comment

they have changed in the past few years... mainly because of the MAJOR loss of officers and moral... They are even going to stop making people have college degrees to become an officer. If you want info on working in some of the southern counties ie stone, Taney, Ozark, and a few others I have some good contacts for you just PM me
                  Hired !!!!!

Comment

You might also consider MSHP. Less politics on the road level, and you don't ever have to move if you don't get in trouble. SW missouri must be a great area; alot of people there retire as troopers or corporals because they never wanted to move for promotion.

Comment

I plan on going to drury this August unless some one comes up with some good reasons to look into spfd PD. I just talked to a couple of x Springfield guys last night and other than pay it did not sound very enticing. Does any one know what Kind of training I should be doing to get in shape for this? I have been running about 3 miles a few nights a week. I am going to mix in some biking to save my knees.

Comment

um if you can run 2 miles without stopping... that should cover it
                        Hired !!!!!

Comment

Thanks glock17guy. What department do you work for?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4426 users online. 257 members and 4169 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X