X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignignokt373
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    Try doing what they do at KCPD...... Uncle Jim will fire you in a heartbeat just to save his own butt....
    Ha! See there is no love lost there.

He's something alright.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by MO Trooper View Post
    I worked for Chief Mills when he was our Colonel and I know several guys at IPD. It really surprised me to hear that just letting guys go out and work and backing them up when they are right (or not too wrong) are such foreign concepts in so many metro PD's. I guess the MSHP has definately spoiled me in that regard.
    Try doing what they do at KCPD...... Uncle Jim will fire you in a heartbeat just to save his own butt....

Heard the new (he's been there about two years now) Chief at Riverside protects his folks well..... He's ex-KCPD....and that kinda surprises me....but that's good to hear.....

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
    We hired a reserve who was at Belton, he went into construction full time, better $$$. He said the same thing, it's a great place to work but because of the size of the dept. there is little chance for promotion.
    Hmmm....I will have to ask..... I haven't talked to anyone there in a while.....Have to see who that was.......

Leave a comment:

• NBW791
    replied
    Originally posted by MO Trooper View Post
    I guess the MSHP has definately spoiled me in that regard.
    So true, so true. The cities seem to have more at stake if they **** off people by allowing their cops to be cops, so they just don't take the risk.

Leave a comment:

• MO Trooper
    replied
    Mills lets them do a lot....
    I worked for Chief Mills when he was our Colonel and I know several guys at IPD. It really surprised me to hear that just letting guys go out and work and backing them up when they are right (or not too wrong) are such foreign concepts in so many metro PD's. I guess the MSHP has definately spoiled me in that regard.

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied

I've got two buddies at Belton....they like it...get good equipment....are happy with the pay but are looking to go to IPD because there is no (or very limited) promotion/special areas mobility.....
    We hired a reserve who was at Belton, he went into construction full time, better $$$. He said the same thing, it's a great place to work but because of the size of the dept. there is little chance for promotion.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    I worked with a guy that was asked to leave our agncy for doing a whole bunch of suspect stuff on/off duty (not enough to get arrested but shady enough to be told to leave) and went to BS.....

I saw that LS is having issues with the LEO who's wife passed due to not letting her have health care.......

I have a classmate and an Academy Instructor at Grandview.....and they love it. The classmate is on a bike and the Instructor just made SGT......

I've got two buddies at Belton....they like it...get good equipment....are happy with the pay but are looking to go to IPD because there is no (or very limited) promotion/special areas mobility.....

Got a ton of folks that work IPD.....and they love it. Mills lets them do a lot....

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by ignignokt373 View Post
    Grandview is paying well now days and have a ton of toys.

I have heard that BS and LS have had some issues with morale but not sure how true that is as I haven't been in the area in a while.

IPD is always hiring and they don't take crap from anyone.
    BS is on a long slow downhill slide right now. Their new chief is more into being PC than hiring people to get the job done. I know some of the people they have hired recently and several who didn't get on. Female is tops on the list. Not bashing lady LEO's but if they have 5 openings, 3 are going to go to females. I know a couple who have been hired and they are not exactly who I would want on any call let alone a fight call.

I took the DRE class at LS a couple of years ago and they were riding pretty high. Of course that was a couple of years ago

Grandview is great for pay and a lot of action. Basically a smaller version of KCPD east patrol. Belton is about the same but with less pay.
    Last edited by ray8285; 07-26-2007, 03:06 PM. Reason: added info

Leave a comment:

• ignignokt373
    replied
    Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
    Best bet for pay and conditions would be Blue Springs or Lee's Summit on the Missouri side. In JoCo Ks, pick any department. They all pay well and have pretty good conditions. Olathe has some bad areas but even those aren't really "bad".

Also, you might consider hiring on any one of the departments and look to transfer to one more to your liking.
    Grandview is paying well now days and have a ton of toys.

I have heard that BS and LS have had some issues with morale but not sure how true that is as I haven't been in the area in a while.

IPD is always hiring and they don't take crap from anyone.

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by ignignokt373 View Post
    Raytown use to be a craphole and the guys/gals on the job there were like IPD and didn't take any crap.

As I re-call, they weren't paid quite as much as IPD, Lee's Summit, Grandview, or Blue Springs.

That's been 2 years since I was in KC. Not sure what's going on now. I would suggest trying to find an Officer (if you live in the area) and ask them.

If I was going to work on that side of the City, I would go with IPD or Grandview. Lee's Summit would be up there as well.
    Best bet for pay and conditions would be Blue Springs or Lee's Summit on the Missouri side. In JoCo Ks, pick any department. They all pay well and have pretty good conditions. Olathe has some bad areas but even those aren't really "bad".

Also, you might consider hiring on any one of the departments and look to transfer to one more to your liking.

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by rlgsmg3798 View Post
    Did you start in MO?
    I'm originally from here. My parents moved to Iowa when I was a kid. I ended going to Wayne State after a stint in the service and came home to MO after graduation.

Leave a comment:

• ignignokt373
    replied
    Raytown use to be a craphole and the guys/gals on the job there were like IPD and didn't take any crap.

As I re-call, they weren't paid quite as much as IPD, Lee's Summit, Grandview, or Blue Springs.

That's been 2 years since I was in KC. Not sure what's going on now. I would suggest trying to find an Officer (if you live in the area) and ask them.

If I was going to work on that side of the City, I would go with IPD or Grandview. Lee's Summit would be up there as well.

Leave a comment:

• rlgsmg3798
    replied
    Thanks. The HR link worked but not hiring officers right now. I clicked on employemt and that link is broken. I will check back soon. My wife and I visited Worlds of Fun with some friends last week and liked the area. We stayed in Raytown which is where our friends parents lived happened to live. Looks like a pretty decent area and I am assuming working for that PD would be a little safer for someone wanting to get started in this field.

I have lived in Sioux City my whole life. I graduated form West in 95. I would prefer to go with Sioux City PD but the 60 credit hours are a problem. I have wanted to be an officer most of my life but backed out of it when I got married and had kids. I regret that situation now because it is nearly impossible to work full time and go to class full time with having a family and a huge pile of bills. I am planning on taking classes still but a few at a time so that could be awhile. I am 30 which is of course fairly young but want to get started soon. I am a reserve deputy for Woodbury and they dont require credits for a full time deputy but they only hire maybe 1 or 2 a year it seems so that could be an eternity in itself.

Did you start in MO?

Leave a comment:

• ray8285
    replied
    Originally posted by rlgsmg3798 View Post
    It looks like the Raytown police website is under construction. Does anyone know anything about this department.
    Do they require college credits?
    Are they hiring or do they hire often?
    Pay?
    Have they ever lost any officers in the line of duty?
    Look up the cities website and check HR. They are a pretty good dept. compared to some of the others around here.

How long have you lived in sewer city? I graduated from North in 84.

Leave a comment:

• rlgsmg3798
    replied
    Raytown Mo?.?

It looks like the Raytown police website is under construction. Does anyone know anything about this department.
    Do they require college credits?
    Are they hiring or do they hire often?
    Pay?
    Have they ever lost any officers in the line of duty?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5027 users online. 321 members and 4706 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X