300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St.Louis County PD and the Regional Bomb Squad

I am currently active duty Army as an EOD Technician (bomb squad) and I separate in July 2018. I applied to St. Louis County PD for an Officer position two, maybe three, months ago. Haven't heard anything yet. Was wondering if anyone knew the normal time frame to get a call back?

Second question, I know the county has a regional bomb and arson unit. Are you required to do patrol work before you can apply for the bomb squad? And does anyone know if it is full time or part time?

I've searched far and wide on the interwebs and can't really find anything of substance. My ultimate goal is to continue my work as a Bomb Technician. Any information is greatly appreciated.

You will have to do time in patrol before you can put in for special teams.

Call SLPD and ask.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Safe2Semi
      Safe2Semi commented
      Editing a comment
      I have called and emailed the listed recruiter. No response. Yet.

What CCCSD said.

If you want to work a bomb squad, why not apply to Chicago, Louisville, Detroit, or anywhere like any major metropolitan police department. Don't limit yourself to just one department.

Comment

• Safe2Semi
      Safe2Semi commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I'd much rather go back home. But I am looking into other departments as well. Just trying to get stuff figured out before I get out.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9399 users online. 333 members and 9066 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X