300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LETI in Columbia

I was just wondering if anyone could give me any insight on what the PT is like there. I am starting in May and just want to make sure I am prepared. Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Hey man, it's not too bad, few days a week before class. What's your fitness level at?

Comment

I would say decent but getting better. I go to the gym minimum of three days a week. Is it basically cardio? Do they do any boxing or stuff of that nature as a workout?

Comment

Oh yes my friend they do. They're huge into defensive tactics and functional fitness. We did plenty of wrestling as well. Stick to the cardio, the weights can wait until your cardio gets better. The state PT isn't a problem, I think 1554 for 1.5 miles. Anymore questions about the academy in general or fitness specifically shoot me a message. Good luck man, any departments you're looking at?

Comment

Last edited by Smackzone116; 10-26-2015, 07:02 AM.

Comment

He's retired now, apparently he still does DWI work and makes guest appearances but he's gone now. I second what you've said. I don't know if respect any officer more than him. Also, the body language and those voice inflections are awesome.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks. I have actually applied with jcpd and am currently in the hiring process. I passed the written and physical tests already. My oral board is scheduled for April 8th. I went on a ride along and while talking to some officers about going to the academy they said to apply for the open spots now and see if I can make it before going on my own. So if I don't make the cut then I will just put myself through. I need the Jefferson City area. I can't move. My wife has an amazing teaching job so I will fight as long as I have to to get on here somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Smackzone116 View Post
                I graduated back in 2007 so my knowledge might be a little stale. There will be PT, including cardio, sit-ups, push ups, etc.

That said, LETI is a university ran program and like all universities, numbers are everything. Unless you double tap on a written test during class work, you wont ever get washed out of LETI. If some of the fatties we had can make it, I promise you will be ok if you're already doing 3 days of cardio work a week.

P.S. Bill Stevens is the man. As an instructor, you will find no better person to guide you into a good start with this job. Seven years of enforcing and I still appreciate everything the man taught us.
                I am probably one of those fatties...lol. I have lost 50 lbs so far but should realistically shave another 20-30.

Comment

Originally posted by Glockops22 View Post
                  Awesome. Thanks. I have actually applied with jcpd and am currently in the hiring process. I passed the written and physical tests already. My oral board is scheduled for April 8th. I went on a ride along and while talking to some officers about going to the academy they said to apply for the open spots now and see if I can make it before going on my own. So if I don't make the cut then I will just put myself through. I need the Jefferson City area. I can't move. My wife has an amazing teaching job so I will fight as long as I have to to get on here somewhere.

I have numerous friends on with JCPD. I work in the general area as well. They love it, good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by rms0012 View Post
                    I have numerous friends on with JCPD. I work in the general area as well. They love it, good luck to you.
                    Thanks. Hope it works out.

Comment

You'll do fine man, PM me with any more questions about this or the job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6870 users online. 219 members and 6651 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X