300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westport MO

Does anyone know anything about the Westport MO Public Safety Department?

I wasn't aware Westport had dedicated security. I see security vehicles down there all the time, but they are from a bunch of different companies (I know a Securitas guy wanted to give me attitude down there awhile back)

Anyways, I'm not sure what you are needing to do. But if Westport did have themselves a public safety company, I imagine it would be like Highwoods Public Safety on the Plaza or Crown Center Security. Security for a specific area.

Comment

It was interesting when I was down there a couple weeks ago I saw 2 guys in a black uniform with Westport Public Safety patches. They were also armed.

Comment

So I talked to one of the guys briefly. He said they are a branch of the security company Chesley Brown International. They have full uniforms, taser, ASP, radio, OC, firearm, cuffs. I didn't get to talk to him much, but do they have arrest authority? Can they be deputized like some campus PD's?

Comment

Same as anyone on the street. They are not police, KCMO handles Westport. I'm sure a few companies contract out for extra security and that's why you see those guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6618 users online. 209 members and 6409 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X