300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri Conservation Agent

So whens the next time the they'll be hiring Missouri conservation agents?

Do they perform similar functions as State Park Rangers? I saw that the park rangers had an opening but I haven't gotten able to touch base with anyone who performs the job. I reviewed the website for the conservation agent and it looks very similar. And they had on cool hats.

Comment

They have simular duties, I believe they have authority like the state troopers do. Primary focus is hunting, fishing, environmental laws a cross the state

Comment

Their duties are different.. Missouri State Park Ranger's are more or less general law enforcement within the parks with public safety taking priority over hunting/fishing enforcement. You may catch one writing a fishing license ticket. Conservation agents are strictly out to enforce hunting/fishing statutes and will seldom ever do traffic stops or other things a municipal officer might due unless it's directly related to a wildlife violation.

Comment

Originally posted by CA-2-MO-LEO View Post
          Their duties are different.. Missouri State Park Ranger's are more or less general law enforcement within the parks with public safety taking priority over hunting/fishing enforcement. You may catch one writing a fishing license ticket. Conservation agents are strictly out to enforce hunting/fishing statutes and will seldom ever do traffic stops or other things a municipal officer might due unless it's directly related to a wildlife violation.

This. You will rarely if ever see conservation agents performing law enforcement duties outside of wildlife/environment regulations. Many of our cases go to him after we get the initial, and we often contact him for guidance on dealing with certain wildlife.

DNR Rangers are essentially responsible for one or a series of state properties owned by the Department of Natural Resources. They ensure the state parks run smoothly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9181 users online. 372 members and 8809 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X