300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffco or Eastern Mo?

I've been trying to get the ball rolling but for the last few years but working full time has taken priority in this economy.

Now I'm ready to get started and wanted to get some opinions on these two academies. I know St. Louis is the best one but these two are my most viable options at the moment.

Any thoughts on which is the better choice? Pros and cons of either? I''m looking at the evening classes.

I actually used to hate it here in Mo but it has really grown on me, I'm here to stay. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Mack185; 05-24-2011, 07:46 PM.

where do you want to work? If you want to work in a Class A county make sure the academy you choose certifies you for work in a Class A county.

Comment

Originally posted by amw315 View Post
      where do you want to work? If you want to work in a Class A county make sure the academy you choose certifies you for work in a Class A county.
      I believe they're both good for class A.

Comment

They are both good for a Class A county. My dept hires out of all three academies in the area (U-City PD) I dont know too much about the differences, but since JeffCo is a community college, I would think you could get financial aid to attend. And you come out with an associates along with your POST cert.
        If you can't convince them, confuse them
        Harry Truman

For every thousand hacking at the leaves of evil, there is one striking at the root

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I went through Jeffco's and graduated in mid 2010. It's a great academy and you get 64 credit hours of college with it. The only down side is that you have to play the open job market. Times are tough out there in the state for new LEOs. I was hired by STL city and had to do their academy before I could start. My advice is check the job market and remember you can't apply for a job until the end of the academy. The director at Jeffco is a great person. Her alone is reason enough to pick that one. Good Luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4931 users online. 287 members and 4644 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X