Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way of going through the Academy?

Hello, I have been looking at becoming a LEO for awhile now, just wondering what the best way to go about would be. I am leaning towards putting in an application for open enrollment with St Louis County. Do any cities in St Louis or surrounding counties send recruits through the academy? What about going through the Eastern Missouri Academy? Do they help you find a job when attending there? Just trying to weigh my options and see which is the best. Thanks for any input, it would be greatly appreciated.

Forward facing is my recommendation. :-)

No really, I think you're best off if you can get an agency to hire you or at least sponsor you so you're not out the money of the academy, and if they hire you, you'll get paid to attend. That way you'll have a job when you get out. I know a guy in another state who paid his own way through the academy, graduated, and was unable to find a job in the allotted time, therefore lost his certification. All for nothing.

Comment

St. Louis City will pay you to go to their academy. They County, you must fund yourself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6064 users online. 301 members and 5763 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X