Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question re: CCW endorsement on ID / DL

Hello everyone,
    I am waiting on my background check to clear to go get my new ID issued with my CCW endorsement. A question I have is, what seems to be the consensus on getting a seperate state ID with the endorsement on it or getting it on your drivers license? My license is up in a couple months anyway, and I am not worried about the few extra dollars. Does having it on the license raise any higher of a level of awareness to LEO's if I am pulled over? One of my initiatives here is to make a LEO aware as early on in the process as I can, does it make a difference as to where the endorsement resides? Thanks in advance for any responses. Mark

In my opinion, I like being told as soon as i finish my introduction at your car. "Hello, I'm Officer ___, I stopped you for 60 in 40" then you go officer id like you know I have a CCW permit and the weapon is on my right hip. Id ask where your ID and insurance is located prior to you reaching for it. most of the DL's Ive handled do not have any indication of CCW on them, but when I pull up DOR info on the MDT it show up fairly obviously.

if that helps any.

Comment

The issue is more for your own safety. If you're robbed, you probably don't want them knowing you have a gun on you too. "Hang on while I get my other money for your Mister....BANG BANG BANG!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5985 users online. 298 members and 5687 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X