Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be patient, the organization is going through a lot of changes right now. There are a lot of people being shuffled around, promoted, etc. We need bodies due to the new contract we just picked up so there are spots available. However, we have a very thorough background investigation, and the people that perform these investigations are very good at what they do. Not trying to sound forboding or anything, but just to explain that it takes time to hire quality people.

Comment

I saw on County's website that the application deadline for the June academy was like 2 days ago. Hopefully that means hearing something pretty soon.

Comment

Just curious does Stl.Co have take home cars? And what kind of schedule rotations do they work?

Comment

Originally posted by mcclare0912 View Post
          Just curious does Stl.Co have take home cars? And what kind of schedule rotations do they work?
          There are some county take home cars, usually based on seniority but its not unheard for some 3 or 4 year guys having a take home because of a young precinct so it just depends.

Scheduling is one of the things currently being changed. I work in a muni but I think they used to do 8 hour shifts with 4 week rotations. North County (1st) and Lemay/Oakville (4th) had permanent midnights. Now some precincts do 10 hour shifts. Im not certain which ones do, I know the 2nd does for sure. I went through the academy recently and can answer some questions
          Last edited by Nhoc6131; 05-01-2011, 04:48 PM. Reason: Lol Misspelled Shifts take a guess how.

Comment

You have to live within St. Louis County to get a take home car, and yes they are limited. Each precinct varies, and it is based on the precinct commander how the cars are distributed. Usually it is based on seniority. 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th have 10 hour shifts where you work a permanent time slot for 6 months to a year. The 3rd and 4th have 8 hour shifts. The 3rd rotates all 3 shifts. The 4th has a permanent midnight crew and rotates days and afternoons.

Comment

Thanks for the info that pretty well answers those questions. The more I research the department the more I seem to like it. That's the way it seems anyways.

Comment

Thanks for the info that pretty well answers those questions. The more I research the department the more I seem to like it. That's the way it seems anyways.
                As a Muni guy, I know many officers from the county that are good friends. It all depends what you want to do. In a muni I will be severely limited in my ability to be promoted few specialized units etc. But I also make a good bit more than county guys.

So its what you make up of, People grumble about their pay but where else can you do pretty much everything. In this day and age getting the job is the important part, it doesnt so much matter where (although some muni's should be avoided). Spend some time with that department , if you feel like the grass is greener some place else go for it, it happens all the time in this area.

County isnt the end all be all and neither are muni's. Its about where you see yourself and what your interests on.
                Last edited by Nhoc6131; 05-01-2011, 06:18 PM. Reason: I dont like proofreading

Comment

Just curious if anyone is in the process or is going to be part of the class that starts June 27th?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5368 users online. 284 members and 5084 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X