300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Louis County Police Info

Does anyone know of anything about the STL County Police Dept? Anything good or bad about it? I was called in for testing at the end of this month and was just wondering about them. Thanks

I actually just sent in my application yesterday. Did a background investigator get ahold of you first or did they just call and set up the testing?

Comment

They just set me up with a testing date. They told me I would fill out a BI packet after I got done with testing.

Comment

So you havent filled the out the 13 pages or so that there was? I swore that was just the application. Had to turn in all my transcripts and birth cert. and 2 pictures of yourself and what not. If so this was a very in depth application. I got it off of the Stl.Co PD website so I'm not sure. There is a video on that website as well that shows the academy and it is brand new like less then a week old.

Comment

Haven't seen the video but yeah I turned all 13 pages of the application in. I am pretty sure that was just to see if you meet the minimum qualifications. Not for sure though.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/user/stlouiscogov...Thats the academy video. When do you go and test? Also do you know if it is a pass or fail kind of a thing or does every applicant get ranked how they score and thats how they decide? I know most places in IL. the list is based on scores, highest score first hired kind of a deal. When I applied in GA it was pass or fail kind of thing.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/user/stlouiscogov thats the link my apologizes

Comment

I test out on the 23rd. Not for sure if they keep score for physical fitness test. I believe that is a pass/fail test and the written is a scored test. When do you test?

Comment

I havent been scheduled yet. I just sent in my application on Saturday 3-12. So I guess we'll see.

Comment

County is a great organization to work for. Big enough to have all the specialized departments you may want to advance to. Great guys to work with. I work for a muni inside of St. Louis County, and i went to county academy, so i run into those guys often.

The physical test is pass fail. If you do not meet all the requirements, you get the boot at that point. With those that pass, they rank you according to your numbers. So the answer to the above questions is both, pass/fail and rank.

It is a hard academy to get into and a hard department to get hired onto, especially with the economic problems going around. Not impossible, but hard. I went to the academy as open enrollment (read unpaid) and was hired by a muni as we graduated. Better pay, better hours, but much, much smaller, not all the special departments to move into.

On a side note, make a copy of the application after you complete it. Most of your future apps will ask the same questions. Much easier to have that copy to reference than to re-dig the info.

mitojo
                    If you can't convince them, confuse them
                    Harry Truman

For every thousand hacking at the leaves of evil, there is one striking at the root

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Thanks for all the info mitojo. Greatly appreciated.

mcclare0912: Will let you know all the info I can about the tests when I go next week.

Comment

Hey mcclare0912, got back from testing today. What you will do is show up to the Police Academy and they will stick you in a cafeteria until exactly 0900. Soon, the instructors will come in and take you to the gym where you will conduct your pushups and situps. Then you will travel upstairs to the VERY small track and run 29 laps that equal 1.5 miles. Now, this is as far as I got because AFTER I conducted the PT test I was told that since I have tattoos on my forearm, I would not be hired. But they did say if you passed you would be called to come in at 1300 to do the written test. I was still called about 20 mins after leaving and was invited to the written test even though I would not be hired for my tattoos. I declined, as I found no reasoning to continue with it. Just wished they would have told me before I took the trip from Kansas to do the testing that you weren't allowed to have tattoos. Even though, on their website under the disqualifications section their is no tattoo policy. Just venting cause I am ****ed but will get over it. Best of luck to you though.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Sorry it took so long I have been on orders all week. Were there a lot of people there to test? I haven't heard anything yet. Not sure if I will though because I don't have my degree until the end of the year. I do have some military experience but sometimes thats not enough. Thanks again

Comment

Their were only 5 of us. Only 3 of us passed and I was the only one with the tats, so technically 2 passed. I was the only one with military experience with 7+ years.

Comment

Got the letter that says they are going to look at my app. soon which I'm sure everyone gets. But jus ready to get this process on the road.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6433 users online. 390 members and 6043 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X