300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Po...Professional courtesy????

To the Missouri State Trooper, (whose initials who have been left out of this post) ... you nailed a cop on I29 a few days ago, yet still wrote him?? Dont you extend professional courtesy? The cop would have for you. Ive stopped 3 cars tonight and "issued warnings"....none were cops. Do you give warnings to motorists? Not dogging you if you dont, but a cop......
    No, we are not above the law, but where's the "brotherly love"???

CC
    Last edited by crass cop; 12-30-2010, 03:27 PM.
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

In my opinion and everyone has an opinion, maybe we should dog the driver for speeding, breaking the law, and making us all look bad. Problem is too many fellow officers think they don't deserve tickets, and free fountain drinks at the local quick mart are part of the job. Professional courtesy is a politically correct term for lack of integrity. My advice to him is take the lick and man up you broke the law show some integrity and pay the fine.

Comment

I don't think diming out a trooper by initials and a geographic location is the right thing to do. I got pinched while I was a cop. I was speeding and did not even tell him who I was. I told him about a year later when I saw him at a checklane though. We laugh about it now. It's no big deal...I paid my couple hundred bucks and went about my day. For all the times I've done things wrong and NOT been caught, it all evens out.

I firmly believe in driving off-duty in a manner that does not put another officer in the position to have to decide what the right thing to do is. This topic gets discussed on this forum pretty regularly and ends up in a ****ing match.

Comment

If I have to explain it to you, then you wouldnt understand. No disrespect intended by that...... Not saying he didnt deserve the ticket...everyone who speeds DESERVES a ticket, however if they get one is certainly another issue. He will pay it and has integrity, as he didnt ask for a warning. I would disagree that Professional Courtesy is PC for a lack of integrity. Would you write for 1 over? thats "speeding". Isnt a warning to a motorist who broke the traffic code a "lack of integrity" then? Have you ever given someone a warning? not a cop,mind you, but an average Joe....Please dont say yes as I dont want to hear that you "lack integrity"
        Its a "warning" either way...if its a civilian or a cop...one is called "Prof Courtesy" the other is a "warning", same end result.

I didnt put the specifics in, but he was going 10 over.

I give a LOT of people breaks, that has included a few cops in my years. Why not extend the courtesy? We ALL wear the badge, vest and gun and we ALL make mistakes....you assist your "brothers" when you can.

I do respect your opiion, but in my neck of the woods and with my crew, the Trooper would have gotten a warning as would any LEO. Yeah, were "special" amongst each other, in my opinion and deserve it.

And no, I dont go to QuikTrip and get the free pop and coffee, nor do I ask for 50% off at Chipotle or McDs...I even ask them if the total is correct if they do it anyway, then I put the discounted balance in the tip jar.

EDITED TO ADD:
        sorry,I forgot this question earlier, Would you cite your Chief? your co-worker? the cop that saved your butt in the big fight last month? If you say no, then you, according to you, have a "lack of integrity"
        Last edited by crass cop; 12-29-2010, 11:50 PM.
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

Comment

Originally posted by NBW791 View Post
          I don't think diming out a trooper by initials and a geographic location is the right thing to do. I got pinched while I was a cop. I was speeding and did not even tell him who I was. I told him about a year later when I saw him at a checklane though. We laugh about it now. It's no big deal...I paid my couple hundred bucks and went about my day. For all the times I've done things wrong and NOT been caught, it all evens out.

I firmly believe in driving off-duty in a manner that does not put another officer in the position to have to decide what the right thing to do is. This topic gets discussed on this forum pretty regularly and ends up in a ****ing match.
          Youre right....edited initials out
          Also correct about driving poorly off duty.....again we all make mistakes.
          This LEO isnt getting in trouble or anything. Hes getting a lot of crap and deserves it. He didnt ask for a warning, but the Trooper knew he was LEO, (ALERT entry and a comment by Trooper)...I believe we need to help each other out when we can
          The Tick

sanitizer

Comment

I have never and will never give another cop a ticket (expect the deputy that issued me one last year) if you think speeding tickets are gods work you sir are sadly mistaken. If you say I have never been speeding off duty or broken a traffic law you are so full of it your eyes are brown, just keep fooling yourself. You never know when your gonna be roadside and johnny thug is beating the ****** out of you, and karma will be the guy you gave a ticket to will be your back up. We (as Police Officers) have too many enemy and not enough friends to play that crap. Unfortunately troopers are the worst about issuing summons for being spread so thin and relying on muni and county for back up.

Comment

If the Trooper truly believed in his convictions he would write every speeder he ever saw. Even cops in marked units in Missouri who speed up to stop a car with only their lights on (without sirens, they are in violation of 304.010). Since he probably doesn't do that, then means he truly doesn't believe that no one is above the law and was just being a jack ***. And I don't believe cops are above the law either. I would never look the other way on say, a DV call or anything like that. But lets face it, every single person has broken the speed limit at one time or another and we've all given warnings. Why not hook a brother up? I know the public doesn't like to here things like that. But Sprint workers get perks for their jobs, a doctor is probably going to get above and beyond care from another doctor, a plumber might do a colleague a solid and work for free/discounted, I doubt someone working for the social security administration has to wait in line all day to replace a missing SS card. So I don't see how a cop speeding getting a warning is a big deal, when thousands of non-cops get the same break every day.

As for diming out the Trooper... pfft... didn't their used to be a website completely decided to diming out cops who write other cops?

BTW... MSHP has warned me twice for speeding, so I can't hate on them as a group
              Last edited by Dingo990; 12-30-2010, 05:11 AM.

Comment

I have never written another Cop. But I always ask them if it is OK for me to come and speed thru thier jurisdiction. Everytime the answer is no. I then say, "Well please don't do it in mine."

Comment

Lack of integrity is being a sworn officer yet thinking that you deserve a break because you are a sworn officer. Wearing a badge means your held to a higher standard, you know better, yet you think because you have a badge you can speed and deserve a warning. Giving a citizen a warning for doing one over is totally different than giving a fellow cop who enforces the law himself a ticket for going ten over. 1 over can be the result of coasting down a hill, ten over is willfully speeding which yes I am guilty of myself. Same applies to officers who drive DWI they think they should get a free pass cause they have a badge, wrong! I actually was pulled over in a suburb of St. Louis about a year ago for going ten over on HWY 70. The officer who stopped me recognized me from training and I asked that he give me a ticket. The reason I asked was because my son and his friend were in the vehicle and I wanted to show them what integrity was. Your right in people make mistakes that's not the issue. The issue is the school of thought that because we wear a badge we deserve breaks the general public doesn't. The other issue is harping on the trooper. How many times have you been called a dick for doing you job and got mad because you were just doing your job? Same applies here the trooper was doing his job, he wasn't out speeding, he didn't put your friend in that situation your friend put himself there. There will always be two schools of thought on this subject those that believe because they are cops they should get a break and those that think they are not above joe citizen and deserve a ticket.

Comment

It's not giving a warning thats lack of integrity, that's called discretion, it's expecting, or feeling a sense of entitlement to a warning because your a cop that's lack of integrity. If he takes his lick good, but if he isn't complaining, or if you don't feel cops are above the law, then why the thread? Why not simply quietly pay the fine instead of throwing the trooper under the bus?

Comment

No one ever said they never sped the issue at hand is expecting to get out of a ticket because you have a badge, thats wrong.

Comment

Dingo why doesn't the public like to hear things like that? Because it's wrong maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                          MO Trooper ... you nailed a cop on I29 a few days ago, yet still wrote him?? Dont you extend professional courtesy? The cop would have for you. Ive stopped 3 cars tonight and "issued warnings"....none were cops. Do you give warnings to motorists? Not dogging you if you dont, but a cop......
                          No, we are not above the law, but where's the "brotherly love"???

CC
                          Uhh........No I didn't.

If you really want answers to your questions you could leave your information with the troop desk and have the trooper contact you directly.

Comment

I guess my issue with Cops writing other Cops is this....

If the MSHP writer (or any Cop that has written another Cop) has never sped, never rolled through a light/sign, never not used a turn signal, and/or committed other BS traffic stuff.... and/or never given the public at large a break..... Then I have no issues them writing a summons..... as at least they are being fair and consistant......

But if ANYONE can look me in the eyes and say that they haven't.....then they are a liar....and that why I issues with Cops not giving other Cops a break....

Perhaps the writer should issue him a summons everytime he breaks the law and isn't doing so within State Statute..?

As for the writer in question.... I know of him....and I personally know one other Trooper in the KCMO Metro area that will write other LEOs at the drop of a hat..... Both are asshats and one of them got moved to another area of the Metro so IPD didn't kill him......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                              Both are asshats and one of them got moved to another area of the Metro so IPD didn't kill him......
                              LOL, yeah, I can see that not being particularly popular with IPD :P

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7654 users online. 163 members and 7491 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X