Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone apply or work for the MO Highway Patrol?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone apply or work for the MO Highway Patrol?

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone here is going through the hiring process or work for the MO Highway Patrol. I have my written test on the 28th and had a few questions about the process.
    Thanks in advance.

What are your questions?

Comment

Statebear is your best bet.
      - Ego

Not today, not on this shift, not on this call, not on this stop — I will not be caught unaware - Dave Smith
      Police Mental Health

Comment

I was curious to know how the new written test is. I have taken several in the past and they all seem to be a little different. Any insight would be great! Also, do you know how many recruits the patrol would like to have in the July 2011 academy?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by durdin View Post
          I was curious to know how the new written test is. I have taken several in the past and they all seem to be a little different. Any insight would be great! Also, do you know how many recruits the patrol would like to have in the July 2011 academy?

Thanks.
          I took the written test for MSHP last year while in their application process. It was not an overly difficult test, in fact it was a pretty defacto police officer test similar to the one they gave when I tested for KCPD. I've taken so many tests lately, I apologize if I can't point out any more specifics, I just have forgotten.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

TheKansan, thanks for the info. How was your experience with their hiring process, and how far did you make it?

I sent you a PM the other day, did you get it?

Thanks

Comment

TheKansan, thanks for the info. How was your experience with their hiring process, and how far did you make it?

I sent you a PM the other day, did you get it?

Thanks
              I took the written, physical, oral, poly, and backgrounds. Never made it past that point. I did all the testing in Jefferson City. My background was done by a Trooper from Troop A. (It was funny when he drove his marked MSHP patrol car into Kansas for my BI interview )The agency is very professional and I would have loved to have worked for them, it just wasn't meant to be I guess. Would have gladly moved to St. Louis or anywhere for the job. Things turned out ok for me though anyway. Good luck.

btw, never got your pm
              Last edited by TheKansan; 08-16-2010, 06:07 PM.
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Thanks.
                It is my understanding the current test is geared towards a 12th grade education level. Basically if you graduated high school you should have no problems passing the test.

There is no set number of recruits that I know of the Patrol is looking to hire. I have heard “as many qualified recruits as we can get”, but I will say lately the class sizes have varied from anywhere between 30 and 40 recruits. Whether that was how may made through the process or not, I don’t know.

Also, there is no “alternates” list in the MSHP, you either get hired or you don’t.

Don't concern yourself with class sizes, concern yourself with getting selected. It shouldn't matter if the Patrol is hiring 100 recruits or 20 recruits, when you apply have enough confidence in yourself to know that no matter what the cutoff is your going to make it.

The 92nd Recruit Class began on July 1st with 44 recruits, as of August 6th, 37 recruits remain, they graduate on December 17th.

Getting hired is not the hard part.........

Good luck!
                Last edited by statebear; 08-17-2010, 01:10 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

Statebear thanks for your reply. I guess the academy is pretty mentally and physically demanding huh? To lose 7 recruits already is pretty bad!

Comment

I guess the academy is pretty mentally and physically demanding huh? To lose 7 recruits already is pretty bad!
                    If you get selected....be ready..... as you will get smoked physically and will be mentally challegeed by the Instructors.

They will probaby lose 3-5 more... and will end up with a graduating class of 32-33......

Comment

Bearcat357 did you go through? If so, when?

Comment

Bearcat357 did you go through? If so, when?
                        A. I never went through the Patrols Academy..... I know plenty of folks that have.... and believe I still know an instructor or two down there.... Plus the normal HQ Troop Rif-Raff.....

B. I've done a lot of Continuing Ed at the Patrol Academy and have seen what they go through..... Not my idea of fun.... but it is what it is.....

C. If you get it......My advice is to do as many push-ups/sit-ups you can do.....and run hills.....lots and lots of hills. The Patrol Academy sits in an area (banks of the MO River) that has lots, and lots of hills.....

Comment

I guess the academy is pretty mentally and physically demanding huh?
                          Yes

Comment

Lol I hate running hills! Anyway, I have a long way to go before then. This process seems to be a LONG one! I appreciate your feedback. Are you a cop now?

Comment

I found this to be very informative about the Patrol (Best viewed with a high speed broadband connection).

In the "videos" section, there is a video titled "Recruit Orientation", it should answer most of your questions.....

http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSH...s/HRD/MSHP.htm
                              Last edited by statebear; 08-17-2010, 10:14 PM. Reason: error in link

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6468 users online. 338 members and 6130 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X