300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job posting websites

Can someone tell me if there are any good websites to check for current law enforcement openings.

http://www.virtuallibrarian.com/moleo/jobs.html
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

That website used to be good but...

Last updated: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 19:59:37 UTC

Comment

Originally posted by kansascop72 View Post
        Can someone tell me if there are any good websites to check for current law enforcement openings.
        No real good sites for MO LEOs....unlike KS and your Peace Officer web site.... The one L-1 posted hasn't updated since 07......and even then it was sketchy at best.....

My thoughts....

careerbuilder.com (type in Police Officer/Law Enforcement/Deputy Sheriff and Missouri in the appropreate boxes)

monster.com (type in Police Officer/Law Enforcement/Deputy Sheriff and Missouri in the appropreate boxes)

https://www.missouricareersource.com...ljGr5XDqQLvpAe (State of Missouri Job Center)

www.mopoa.org (Missouri Peace Officers Association). It's not like KS Peace Officer Association web site. I haven't been there in a while but they use to have a few jobs posted.....

www.mosheriffs.com (Missouri Sheriffs Assocation) Should have a job center....

www.modeputy.org (Missouri Deptuy Sheriffs Association) Should have a job center.....

And finally, google any PD/Area you are interested in and look to see if they have a web site....and go from there.....

Good luck...

--Also, if you do want to come over to MO, you will probably need to challenge MO POST before you will get hired....

http://www.dps.mo.gov/dir/programs/post/licensing.asp
        Last edited by Bearcat357; 07-02-2010, 02:39 PM.

Comment

^^^^ damn hes good!!!
          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I would be careful with the Missouri Career Website. They may have made adjustments. But years ago they would email/call you weekly and try to get you to take jobs you have no interest in. Seriously, I was looking for a cop job and they would call and ask if I still wanted "work". I would reply "sure" and they I would be told about all kinds of exciting opportunities in the field of car washing, lol. Good if I needed *a* job, but not so great if I wanted a specific job.

Like I said, that was 6 years ago so maybe they have changed, but I doubt it.

As Bearcat said, Missouri is bad about having everyone on the same page. Careerbuilder is probably the best choice, I always tended to see the most postings on there.

Also you might check out usacops.com . Not a great listing, but it is free for departments to post jobs, so there is Missouri stuff on there every now and then. Mostly small PDs looking for reserves, but occasionally a gem.

I think I saw that Springfield PD was hiring. The pay never seems too high, but I don't recall ever hearing anything bad about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
              I would be careful with the Missouri Career Website.
              They fixed it. They went to a new contractor to run the site and it works much better....I was searching a while back when the whole "C" thing hit back home..... and I never had an issue with them......

Thought you and the Dog were hanging out....you get board and decide to slum here for a while...?

Comment

Is anybody's pay in MO very high? I've always heard good things about Springfield too. TOUGH academy though....utility pole over the head drills.

Comment

Originally posted by NBW791 View Post
                  Is anybody's pay in MO very high?
                  No.... Crap, I think UMKC is highest in KC with Grandview/Lee's Summit behind them..... With KCPD tossed in there somewhere......

Originally posted by NBW791 View Post
                  utility pole over the head drills.
                  BTDT at MoWest Academy.....back when the former SF SGM was running PT......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4059 users online. 196 members and 3863 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X