300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint Louis City Police Academy

Start October 26th which is this coming Monday, I Will try too keep all updated on my progress, and answer any questions that i can wish me luck, and goodluck too future applicants i'm excited

One Week Down, Twenty Seven To Go

This week, wasn't as bad as anticipated but i know next week will be alot tougher.. We start PT next week so i'm pretty amp'd about that

Notes, Notes, And more Notes.... Studying Come's Before All While In The Academy.

Anyone Officer which is certified in missouri can tell me what i can expect on the P.O.S.T. Test.. Now i know it's along way's from now.. and my instructors only touched on it here and there.. but any information will be welcomed

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about the POST test. I attended LETC in Moberly, Mo. and had 28 in my graduating class. All 28 of us passed the POST test with little difficulty (and probably 50% of my class were people who I would never trust with a gun and badge).

That being said, I would still study your butt off, just to make sure that you don't have problems.

If you need anything, shoot me a pm and I will do my best to help.

Good luck,

Jay

Comment

Keep me updated!

Hey! I would love to hear more about the academy! I am in the background stage of the the process now and hoping to be on the list for next years academy....anything you can offer would be helpful

- Richard
        Last edited by EgoTrip86; 11-23-2009, 09:50 AM.
        - Ego

Not today, not on this shift, not on this call, not on this stop — I will not be caught unaware - Dave Smith
        Police Mental Health

Comment

whats going on in the academy?

Comment

Does anyone know when they are having their next test?
            sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

The City constantly has tests going. It is so they never have a short supply. I am in the background phase but I have a friend who just took his written last week and he is taking his oral in December.
              - Ego

Not today, not on this shift, not on this call, not on this stop — I will not be caught unaware - Dave Smith
              Police Mental Health

Comment

I passed everything and made it to background around may but I have NOT received any other letter stating whether I passed or not, nor did they give me any point of contact. In fact, I remember them telling the group that passed the physical with me to not call them to check on my file. Weird..

Comment

Yep, we are in limbo right now. Waiting on the only part of the process that we have absolutly no control over. The past is set in stone and cannot be changed but it can be explained. I just call every once in a blue moon to see if they have a class date set yet. I always get the same "No" response but there is rumor on the grapevine that there is a class starting this spring. I am keeping my fingers crossed and keeping it in my prayers.
                  - Ego

Police Mental Health

Comment

Saint Louis city police academy

hello,

EgoTrip86
                    Forum Member

The City constantly has tests going. It is so they never have a short supply. I am in the background phase but I have a friend who just took his written last week and he is taking his oral in December.
                    PAT - (middle of 01/09 )
                    BACKGROUND-(end 08/09 )
                    ON THE ELIGIBILITY LIST-from 10/09( receive lather )
                    So now you can sea that it takes 1. year only for this part, and after that nothing new.
                    Friends of mine is on the list longer than I am and still waiting.
                    Just FYI,

ROMONE314 -KEEP US UPDATE , THANKS

Comment

Jkrstl, thank you for the reply. It puts things into perspective. According to your timeline I still have three to four months before hearing ANYTHING from them. I can only pray and hope for an answer soon. It is an icrediblt long process. Anyone please keep the updates coming whether it is the hiring process or academy. Thank you!

Comment

Good luck to you all in St. Louis City. I received my letter of rejection in August after about 4 months into background. I passed every part with flying colors. (PAT in 2:08). Im currently working St. Louis County Corrections but will probably apply again in a couple of years with City or County. I had a few credit issues at the time but im good now. Good luck again. City is a great department. Isom is the best. I have 4 college teammates working on the force in 6th and 7th district.
                        If u can see me then somethings wrong with you!!!!

Comment

I would like an update. This is for Metro correct? I'd like to hear how everything is going and what you think about it so far.
                          "Watch the hands" - J.D. Buck Savage

Comment

Hello Jak3,

I'm also in the process with the St. louis police. I think the process is going pretty fast. I started in October 09 and in December 09 i was contacted by an investigator, he informed me that my background is clean and completed. Did any of you get contacted yet? I called HQ today and I was told that i'm elgible for hire and I should be receiving a letter soon. Also I spoke with a couple of officers and they stated that the 2010 academy suppose to start late january, early february. Hopefully this helps!

Comment

Just got the call this mourning about the academy... the lady told me to bring birth certificate, social security card, and drivers license... The 2010 academy is bout to start... Let me know if you guys get the call and good luck...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3652 users online. 168 members and 3484 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X