300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mshp

Any one applying and/or in process for MSHP?

I am for the 91st and 92nd academy. I have a conditional offer for the 91st..
    Hired !!!!!

Comment

I applied three days late for 91st class. So I will be attempting to make it thru process for 92nd. Do you know how many will be attending the next class?

Comment

How was written test?

Comment

process

Written involves alot of math, and physical involves alot of running. Long process but well worth it. The academy class sizes can range from 15 to 40 people and just depends on the number of qualified applicants.

Comment

I am applying to the 93rd class! Can't wait to get this started!!!
            Last edited by DeepThought; 10-13-2009, 05:12 PM. Reason: I wrote 92nd the first time, but I forgot I am applying for the 93rd.

Comment

The prospective numbers for the 92nd class are 40 - 60 recruits, depending on vacancies at the time conditional offers are made. Right now we are down to 46 for the 91st class and currently have 82 vacancies. As far as the written test goes, we use the National Criminal Justice Officer Selection Inventory (NCJOSI). The best way to prepare for the test is to go to www.publicsafetyrecruitment.com. They have study guides and a practice test for the NCJOSI. If you do well on the practice test, you will do very well on our test. Hope this info helps.

Comment

Thank you MoTrooper for info. Where are the busy areas to work? I currently work in Philly Pa. Looking to retire and relocate to Missouri. Hopefully I can get thru process (MSHP) if so would like to work in a busy area. Any suggestions MoTrooper?

Comment

The definition of busy really varies throughout the state. We are a full service police agency with a few exceptions (no jails to manage and no civil service process), but the day to day duties in the metro areas (St. Louis and Kansas City) are different from the more rural areas. In the metro areas, your main functions are accident investigation and traffic enforcement. While this may seem like a bad thing, it also allows you a lot of freedom to do the fun stuff. You have time to do as much pro-active criminal work as you want and you can back up local agencies on the good radio calls. The guys in the rural areas also do plenty of accident investigation and traffic enforcement, but they are used more often in the capacity of a local officer or deputy sheriff. In many counties through out the state, the trooper will be the only law enforcement on duty to handle calls for service until the local officer(s) are called out. Final thought...if you have an interstate in the zone you are assigned to...you will be busy no matter what part of the state its in.

Comment

Originally posted by chico View Post
                    . Where are the busy areas to work?
                    KCmetro, St. Louis., Springfield are probably the three "busiest". MoTrooper is correct, the VERY, VERY rural areas have little or no LEO presence due to lack of funding....pretty much after midnight in those counties MSHP is the ONLY LEO around.
                    A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Thanks Motrooper and ray8285. If i make it thur process thats pretty much where i would like to go. I am just use to being very busy makes the day go by fast.

Comment

You can get into the Troop H area (NW MO) and they are it most times after dark in a few Counties....as there might be a Sheriff and 1-2 Deputies and they have court and other stuff to worry about during the day.

If you get into areas around Maryville/Brookfield/Trenton/Chillicothe, they work hand-in-hand with the Patrol doing anything from helping serve warrants to helping investgate crimes out in the county, to doing traffic.... Lots of the time the Troopers are out working wrecks/traffic but hauling in some good dope and warrant arrests...

As stated, you get into the big metro areas of the state, you will end up shagging calls to back up County Deputies or the City Police.....but mainly you will be out and about working wrecks and traffic.....

Just depends on what you want to do....

Comment

Ok thanks bearcat357.

Comment

I applied for the 90th class. I didn't make the cut, however I went through a lot of the process if anyone has any questions about it. I made it all the way to the backgrounds.
                            Those who believe, ye shall receive.

Comment

I was up there this week for the Medical/ Pysch test.. Got to go back on sunday for the pysch interview.. HR LT. said there was funding for all 46 to go if they all could pass and pass the final review by command staff.. wont know until Dec 4.. Just be ready, MSHP is much like the Feds when it comes to hiring.. slow and steady, but when they say they will call on x date, they call. Even if you arent trying for an academy yet, get in shape now, it sucks having to ramp up 4 months out
                              Hired !!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5902 users online. 322 members and 5580 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X