300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief Lee vs Mr. Dooley

I am wondering if this is a taboo subject, since no one has written about it yet. So I apologize in advance, as i am new to this site and may now know all the unwritten rules.

So, Chief Lee is retiring, under speculation of Preassure from Mr. Dooley over pay increases for officers.

Is that the real deal?

If it is true, then will Mr. Dooley make sure the new appointment to the Chief spot will be more compliant, which in turn will mean no raises for officers, ever? (ever= dramatic affect)

just curious
    If you can't convince them, confuse them
    Harry Truman

For every thousand hacking at the leaves of evil, there is one striking at the root

Henry David Thoreau

I don't know all the politics of the department, but I do see that Chief Lee is retiring after 39 years of service with his agency. That alone sounds like a pretty good reason to leave. I retired after 33 years and you could not drag me back to my department.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Dont get me wrong, Chief Lee has earned his retirement. In my opinion, he has earned a couple of retirements.

This thread is more about the preassure, if there was any, and the ongoing affects on the department.

From what I have read so far, Chief Lee was fighting hard to keep annual increases for the officers.

No one had posted anything on here, so i was just curious
      If you can't convince them, confuse them
      Harry Truman

For every thousand hacking at the leaves of evil, there is one striking at the root

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I read the article on the Police Association webpage. Based on the figures quoted, had the money for 14 new juvenile officers been redirected to raises for the existing 750 officers, it would have amounted to roughly a 1.8% pay raise, which is basically chump change.

It would appear Lee only made that statement to publicly embarrass his boss. Then only time you burn your bridges behind you like that is when you've made up your mind that it's time to leave, you hate your boss and you want to take advantage of the situation to make a flashy exit at his expense. It's just politics. I wouldn't read too much into it

Comment

This is a fight that has been going on for well over a year now. Dooley is a shameful county executive. He is your classic stereotypical underhanded politician. Chief Lee stood up for his troops and paid the price for it. The county had the money for a raise for the officers due to a cell phone tax revenue. Multiple audits of the county's finances showed that. But Dooley would rather use it for his own pet projects. Insted of trying to find any kind of middle-ground, Dooley tried to get Lee fired by going to the board of police commissioners. They refused, so Dooley fired two of them. What a snake.

Exactly what "forced" Chief Lee to retire is still in question. Either he got tired of fighting with Dooley, or Dooley forced him out. Lee did not intend to retire yet. Either way, Lee will be missed.

I no longer work there, but I'm proud to say that I did. What Dooley has done to the police department is outright shameful. If the public knew the entire story, they would call for his recall.

Sorry L-1, but the chief made that statement to let the public know what the police department was up against. Dooley did not even want to meet with us. Lee's statement was in no way a "flashy exit." It may look that way from the outside, but if you knew the whole story, you would understand how all that came about.

Comment

I think you have said what I did, but in different terms.

If Lee was going to stay, the last thing he would do is poison the well by making an inflammatory statement, because doing so would make it that much harder to work with the county administrator. But, because he was leaving, he took advantage of the situation and publicly embarrassed the administrator to promote an important issue and bring it to the public's attention.

Same thing, different terminology.

Comment

Ahhh, I misunderstood you. My mistake.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3992 users online. 200 members and 3792 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X