Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy Info

Post deleted.
    Last edited by IndySoldier1983; 06-29-2009, 12:56 PM.

If you coming form out of state it is the easiest surest way to get certified ASAP. I went through 6 years ago coming form AZ and it was pretty good. The admin has changed hands since then so I can not speak to its over all quality now. That being said the problem in Missouri is almost no one is hired pre academy and sometimes unqualified candidates are let into the academy (any of them) and never get hired. If you have been in the military, as I believe you have viewing your screen name, and have performed well, that will go a long way. Almost all of the wash outs are kids who wake up at 23-30 and decide they are going no where and LE work seems neat. The only ones in my class who did not get hired were told they did not belong in police work by all of the instructors, one never even applied anywhere, and the other worked mall security while applying and falsely identified herself as LEO...

The only department that will not hire directly from them is the Highway Patrol, and they make every one attend their own academy.
    Last edited by NORCOCOP; 08-21-2008, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Post deleted.
      Last edited by IndySoldier1983; 06-29-2009, 12:42 PM.

Comment

It seems as if you have served honorably, other than the positive outlook in general on honorably discharged veterans, none. If you enjoy serving but don't like the lengthy deployments, the Air National Guard usually only does 6 month deployments. I have a friend who is a St. Louis county officer and former Marine who looked into going that route a few years back. Although if your heart is in police work just do your time get out and move on. You can always look into re-enlistment once you have established yourself on a department and are off probation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2793 users online. 157 members and 2636 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X