300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fishieries, and Parks

Looks like they are hiring. Anybody out there have any info?

They are very competitive jobs in Mississippi, much more so than MHSP, or MBN, with a lot of applicants usually.

Comment

Originally posted by Group 29 View Post
      They are very competitive jobs in Mississippi, much more so than MHSP, or MBN, with a lot of applicants usually.
      Anybody have info on what the salary is? Or links to online info?

Comment

The website says 21,000. I would assume (*** u me) there has to be increase after completion of the academy.

Also Group 29 the other jobs you mentioned MHSP, or MBN do they post their openings?

Comment

Originally posted by bhamlet08 View Post
          The website says 21,000. I would assume (*** u me) there has to be increase after completion of the academy.

Also Group 29 the other jobs you mentioned MHSP, or MBN do they post their openings?

Both MHSP and MBN, are almost always taking applications, and they will run an academy class whenever they fell they need to. I wished I had see this earlier as I just came back from a meeting this afternoon with the heads of both of those agencies and I could have asked them.

Comment

MHSP? I assume that is the state police?
            I wish I could get more info on MBN. I have been to their web site but there is not much info on applying. My Wife starts Law School in July and I am looking to stay in LE.
            Any additional info I would REALLY appreciate.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bhamlet08 View Post
              MHSP? I assume that is the state police?
              I wish I could get more info on MBN. I have been to their web site but there is not much info on applying. My Wife starts Law School in July and I am looking to stay in LE.
              Any additional info I would REALLY appreciate.

Thanks.
              MBN does have a lot of turnover. Unfortunately for them, they get used by a lot of guys as a training job to go to DEA or some other federal agency as MBN has pretty stringent hiring guidelines (i.e. four year degree) but pretty low pay. Is your wife going to law school in Jackson or Oxford?

Comment

She was accepted to both. After we visited the two she really liked Jackson a lot better. She is on the waiting list for the law school in the town we live in now, but we think Jackson would be a great fit for us. So it is really looking like we will be relocating. I hate to leave my church and my home state but it is probably for the best.

I will probably call someone at MBN tomorrow to get the scoop. I already have my degree. The agency I am with now requires it as well. In Arkansas you really have to know somebody to get the Game warden and state police (not really much of a job anyway. No offense guys.) jobs. Maybe I can find something in Mississippi that is not as political. My career kind of needs a jump-start or a change of scenery anyway.

Any more info you can bless me with would be appreciated.

Comment

http://www.spb.state.ms.us

List of all open state jobs in Mississippi as well as descriptions and salary info. Also starting in July we (state employees) will get our 2nd raise of the year, all salary increae information is on the SPB website also.

Comment

Dude, maybe I'm biased being a native MS boy and a graduate (bachelor's only) of Ole Miss, and I never went to law school at Ole Miss (but my sister did) what in the *&^% could you possibly like better about Jackson, MS. I hope it is the law school itself and not the area. Oxford, MS. is probably the best place in the tri-state area to live in (I know it is expensive, but Water Valley or Batesville is not far and you can rent cheaper). Crime is alot lower and when she is studying late at night in the law library or just parking your car on the street its much safer. This is just my opinion though, so take it with a grain of salt. Also, screw the state jobs and go for Oxford P.D. if she goes there (good luck though, very hard to get on). Heck, if you just want to make 21,000 with the fish people go for University P.D. (Ole Miss) they are fully certified and they acutally make a little more than that, not to mention being there on campus to watch out for your wife. I don't think the Lafayette County S.O. is very good though from what I heard. If you like Little Rock though you might be right at home in Jackhole MS. Those places are comparble to living here in Memphis. Of course I know she is probably more concerned with the quality of education so I will shut up now.

Comment

I tried to edit that last repy, but it looks like it didn't take. Anyway, the ABC is hiring in MS. also and check out the MBI. Also, if you get down to Oxford the Chair of the C.J. dept is former MBN, and also 2 insrtuctors (1 the former director) were MBN, the other former chief of University P.D.

Comment

Yea there is no comparision beetween the two. Oxford is a lot easier on the eyes. She was impressed with the people at the Law School in Jackson. It was her decision so when she got down to time to cut it to two she cut Ole Miss. It is betwwen UALR and MC. It's looking like MC.

Beside like I said my career needs a new start.

It would also be nice to live in a state were you can say you are a Republican and not have to look over your shoulder.

Are there any states like that left?

Comment

Lee County SO

Deleted, sorry. Should've been a new thread.
                          Last edited by Scott941; 06-21-2007, 01:54 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4135 users online. 214 members and 3921 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X