300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson, MS.

Does anyone know anything about this department? Whats heathcare like, shifts they work? What kind of gun they use? And the good and bad about the department? Thank you

Hey, Midwest.

Best advice I can give on the department is to check local news for a view on how the rest of the city is being run. If it's cool with you then you might like it. Personally I could see an outsider having an easier time coming on with one of the departments just outside Jackson. Check suburbs like Madison, Flowood or Ridgeland. Only reason I say this is unless you are coming in from Chicago or some other high crime area you may find some culture shock.

On an up side I think JPD has been approved for a raise. Unfortunately, the city does not have any way to pay for it at the moment.

Comment

Jackson PD

Trace is right. The City of Jackson has some problems. The mayor has been indicted and Jackson is losing its tax base and is in the hole budget wise. Experience wise JPD would be a good department to work for. Other than that I would avoid it. They have some problems. I would recommend Ridgeland PD, Madison County SO, or Rankin County SO. These agencies border Jackson and stay busy. They all have very good leadership and command staff also. Madison PD is a good department but it is slow in Madison from what I hear. Any questions PM me. I work for a local department in the area.

Comment

did 3 jackson officers or deputies get shot on Friday? If so, did they make it ok?

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lucky View Post
          did 3 jackson officers or deputies get shot on Friday? If so, did they make it ok?
          Yes,Three Madison County Sheriffs Deputies were shot. Two have been released from the hospital,the third underwent surgery to repair an arteri in his leg and is in stable condition.
          Last edited by Tazer101; 04-29-2007, 02:54 AM. Reason: Fixed Spelling Error

Comment

Thanks Tazer101, my prayers go out to them.

Comment

Jerry Rivers (aka Geraldo River's stupid ***) had the Mayor of Jackson on his Sunday FoxNews show last night......

The Mayor (Frank Melton) is a freaking idiot. He is running around acting like his the Police Chief.....has been arrested/indicted numerous times for trying to be the Po-Po, carrying concealed weapons, conducting his own traffic stops, knocking down houses he suspected as being drug houses without proper authorization, etc......

Some of the stuff has been dropped but he's a convicted felon......and was whinnning on TV about not being able to carry a firearm......

I would stay the hell away from that place.....but that's just me....

Of course, guess who was cheering him on for doing illegal stuff......that's right.....good ole' Jerry......

Even though wikipedia is a bad source at times.....at least they cite the sources..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Melton
              Last edited by Bearcat357; 04-30-2007, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Yes ole Frank is an embarrassment,he has good intentions (most of the time) but can't seem to control himself.

2Lucky many thanks for your prayers. I know their familes greatly appreicate it.

Comment

In the State of Tennesse, mayors are empowered to keep the peace. I would imagine it is similar in MS as well. However, I have yet to hear of a mayor or alderman "keeping the peace."

Here is the TN law.

38-3-103. Other conservators of the peace. —

The judicial and ministerial officers of justice in the state, and the mayor, aldermen, marshals and police of cities and towns, and the director, commissioner, or similar head of any metropolitan or municipal police department, whether elected or appointed, are also conservators of the peace, and are required to aid in the prevention and suppression of public offenses, and for this purpose may act with all the power of the sheriff.
                  That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheZ71 View Post
                    In the State of Tennesse, mayors are empowered to keep the peace. I would imagine it is similar in MS as well. However, I have yet to hear of a mayor or alderman "keeping the peace."

Here is the TN law.

38-3-103. Other conservators of the peace. —

The judicial and ministerial officers of justice in the state, and the mayor, aldermen, marshals and police of cities and towns, and the director, commissioner, or similar head of any metropolitan or municipal police department, whether elected or appointed, are also conservators of the peace, and are required to aid in the prevention and suppression of public offenses, and for this purpose may act with all the power of the sheriff.

Must be where you are from....as if you tried that crap in MO (and I am suspecting VA) your *** would get tossed in jail.......

Comment

Tazer101 you are welcome. Are the officers recovering ok?

Also, I don't know Melton and don't live in the area. however, I don't want some freak pulling over my kids bus, if I had kids, and telling them to give me a hug. THAT ****ed me off. With sexual predators out there and not knowing how to describe a monster to your kid, WTF was he thinking?

Comment

Yeah their doing pretty good,should be back at work soon. Although I'm not to sure of deputy that had surgery is out of the hospital or not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3542 users online. 167 members and 3375 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X