Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About a "Signed Off" Ticket

Hi, so here's what happened,
    I am a 19 year old college student in the National Guard. A coupe weeks back, I was in an 18 up bar with my friends, we had gotten drunk before we went. I saw one of my other friends in the bar during the night and it turned out it was his birthday, he turned 21. He offered me a beer from the bar and I took it and started carelessly drinking because I was still drunk. Next thing I know, ABC walks up to me a couple minutes later and asks for my ID. I pulled out my brother's old ID (23 yr old) and hand it to him, he then told me to give him my real ID. I give him my real ID, he takes the beer and tells my to follow him to the back. We are in the back and I am very friendly, we had a great conversation and told him I was Security Forces in the National Guard. After writing both tickets (fake ID and MIP) he tells me since I am in the National Guard, he will "sign off" on the fake ID ticket because it would really **** with my Nation Guard status but I have to pay the MIP. So today I go to pay the MIP and the court clerk says I have 2 tickets to pay, MIP and Fake ID. I told her that the officer said he would sign off on it, and she looks in my file and sees that he did sign off on it. But it got me worried, that she was able to see the offense of record. I have to complete security clearance background checks every 10 years with the Nation Guard. I asked her if the Fake ID offense would be on my record and she said "it would but it would show as a pass."
    My question is, what does that mean? Does it mean the matter was resolved on site? Would it show in my record as fake ID offense? I am going to tell my commander about the MIP and I will take the lecture, but would they see the other offense when they perform the security clearance?
    Last edited by Vexom; 11-30-2016, 11:36 AM.

Posting this in more than one spot on the forum won't get you the answer that you will like.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
      Posting this in more than one spot on the forum won't get you the answer that you will like.

Posted this before the other one actually. Noticed there wasn't much traffic coming to this post so I posted the one in "Ask a Cop."

Thanks for the concern though

Comment

You're still toast.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Go find a job working private security.
          Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7089 users online. 292 members and 6797 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X