Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran39
    replied
    What is the count at the Mississippi Highway patrol school a of now?

Leave a comment:

• GC Tiger
    replied
    You can make a heck of a lot more money at Gulfport and Biloxi and you can actually put your degree to use by doing police work. If you like traffic both departments have traffic divisions.

Leave a comment:

• College_Boy
    replied
    The training seeks to find cadets who can lead in an environment of stress, chaos, failure and hardships. I was injured at the academy, while in the hospital I realized I was not in the physical condition I needed to be in. I chose to leave, it was the hardest decision of my life. I have never failed before and I felt that many times throughout training. The academy will test you to your very core. But I know for a fact, I would of made it through if my body would of been ready.

As for what I stated above, it's better to finish your degree and prepare extensively before diving into something.

Since then, after i healed up, I wake up every morning at 430 during the week and do an extreme calisthenic workout and again before I go to bed. The Mississippi highway patrol is a fantastic agency, I am proud to say I was apart of it. I will look into Gulfport and Biloxi, thanks GC Tiger.

Leave a comment:

• GC Tiger
    replied
    It is a very tough academy, physically and mentally. They usually have a lot of dropouts due to people quitting and injuries.

Leave a comment:

• Veteran39
    replied
    Wow...what is the problem? It's going to be another class coming up if the cadets keep dropping.

Leave a comment:

• Municpalvet
    replied
    Lol. My understanding is they are down to 50 something cadets, out of what 140? All the alternates have been rotated through.

Leave a comment:

• Veteran39
    replied
    I wonder how the Mississippi Highway Patrol cadets are doing since the start of the academy in Nov.2014....Has anyone quit?

Leave a comment:

• GC Tiger
    replied
    Why limit yourself to just being a traffic cop? You can make a lot more money working for Biloxi or Gulfport and do all kinds of police work

Leave a comment:

• Mississippi Highway Patrol, Upcoming Class in November

Dear common onlookers,

I am few classes from graduating college with a criminology degree, but there is a highway patrol school coming in November. Would it be wise for me to finish my college career or apply for Mississippi highway patrol? Would I be at a disadvantage waiting to finish my college degree, if I become a patrolman?

I realize these highway patrol schools do not come around often. I feel physically prepared for the requirements.

What are your thoughts? I need a little advice. "I never made a puck I did not shoot."

Thank You
    Last edited by College_Boy; 05-08-2014, 07:52 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8204 users online. 406 members and 7798 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X