Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mississippi Highway Patrol, Upcoming Class in November

Dear common onlookers,

I am few classes from graduating college with a criminology degree, but there is a highway patrol school coming in November. Would it be wise for me to finish my college career or apply for Mississippi highway patrol? Would I be at a disadvantage waiting to finish my college degree, if I become a patrolman?

I realize these highway patrol schools do not come around often. I feel physically prepared for the requirements.

What are your thoughts? I need a little advice. "I never made a puck I did not shoot."

Thank You
    Last edited by College_Boy; 05-08-2014, 07:52 PM.

Why limit yourself to just being a traffic cop? You can make a lot more money working for Biloxi or Gulfport and do all kinds of police work
    Geaux Tigers

Comment

I wonder how the Mississippi Highway Patrol cadets are doing since the start of the academy in Nov.2014....Has anyone quit?

Comment

Lol. My understanding is they are down to 50 something cadets, out of what 140? All the alternates have been rotated through.

Comment

Wow...what is the problem? It's going to be another class coming up if the cadets keep dropping.

Comment

It is a very tough academy, physically and mentally. They usually have a lot of dropouts due to people quitting and injuries.
            Geaux Tigers

Comment

The training seeks to find cadets who can lead in an environment of stress, chaos, failure and hardships. I was injured at the academy, while in the hospital I realized I was not in the physical condition I needed to be in. I chose to leave, it was the hardest decision of my life. I have never failed before and I felt that many times throughout training. The academy will test you to your very core. But I know for a fact, I would of made it through if my body would of been ready.

As for what I stated above, it's better to finish your degree and prepare extensively before diving into something.

Since then, after i healed up, I wake up every morning at 430 during the week and do an extreme calisthenic workout and again before I go to bed. The Mississippi highway patrol is a fantastic agency, I am proud to say I was apart of it. I will look into Gulfport and Biloxi, thanks GC Tiger.

Comment

You can make a heck of a lot more money at Gulfport and Biloxi and you can actually put your degree to use by doing police work. If you like traffic both departments have traffic divisions.
                Geaux Tigers

Comment

What is the count at the Mississippi Highway patrol school a of now?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9911 users online. 456 members and 9455 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X