X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young SGT
    replied
    Originally posted by dannmann1050 View Post
    If you a referring to me, I am not looking at MHP at all! I don't know how or why that may have been construed, but.. no.. no MHP for me
    When you refer to "state test" it makes us think of state trooper test. If you're talking about a POST certified job, then you'd have to have the refresher course which is 3 weeks or so. Little bit of confusion on our parts on what you meant, but I think I see what you mean now. Anyway, you'd have to take a refresher course, which is nothing more than learning the laws and some basic techniques in hand-to-hand and firearms qualifications. Most depts in MS aren't unions and they're very easy to get hired on for the most part. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Leave a comment:

• Young SGT
    replied
    Originally posted by headonstraight View Post
    Not false, but I'm glad you made it to the academy. This agency was recently shown to have been dishonest and totally biased when promoting their own officers... how much of the same ethics do you think were applied to hiring recruits?
    It is false. Put down the sour grapes.

Leave a comment:

• dannmann1050
    replied
    If you a referring to me, I am not looking at MHP at all! I don't know how or why that may have been construed, but.. no.. no MHP for me

Leave a comment:

• mach1
    replied
    I agree MHP has many flaws in the hiring process, half the testing is red tape and doesn't mean crap. I just don't think it is right to tell someone that is thinking about applying, to make sure you have blood relatives. If he has full time leo exp, he has a good chance of making it to the academy.

Leave a comment:

• headonstraight
    replied
    If you're saying that "this agency" does not have any biases or flaws in their hiring practices, then I just gotta agree to disagree. Arguing the point would be too exhausting and I still don't think that it would convince anyone who already has their mind made up. It's not just my opinion and experience, but many veteran officers couldn't emphasize it enough to me.

And I think we are mis-communicating about the blood relative thing. I don't literally mean every person is blood related... it's just an example.

These statements aren't about me, it's about a pattern and history.

Leave a comment:

• mach1
    replied
    How is it not false? There were plenty of people that made the cut, that did not have a blood relative. Just because you have a college degree, doesn't mean you were the most qualified. Not everyone is cut out for Law Enforcement and college degree doesn't change that.

I am not taking up for MHP, the agency lacks a major value that is preached in the law enforcement community and that is integrity. Maybe their problems come from hiring 150 people and hazing cadets till there are 50 left. Maybe if they hired the most qualified 50 people and trained instead of haze, they would have a better history.

Leave a comment:

• headonstraight
    replied
    Not false, but I'm glad you made it to the academy.

This agency was recently shown to have been dishonest and totally biased when promoting their own officers... how much of the same ethics do you think were applied to hiring recruits?

Leave a comment:

• mach1
    replied
    I didn't have a blood relative and made it to the academy so that is false. Danmann that seems kind of high, but I can tell you its going to be more then $80. Tag cost vary in Mississippi depending if you live in the county or city and what county and city you live in. Just to give an example, I had a 2002 Mustang Gt in 2004. I had property in the city limits and some property out side the city limits, same county and it was $200 cheaper registered in the county address. You can call the a county court house and get an estimate for the registration.

Leave a comment:

• dannmann1050
    replied
    Thanks for the replies guys. Here's a question. How do you figure or guess-tamate vehicle registratoin fee's in MS? I used some online site that said my vehicle tags would be $2300 for a 2011 Dodge Charger. Is that right, or is it similar to other states? In FL i'm paying about 80/each a year for our car and van.

Leave a comment:

• headonstraight
    replied
    Make sure that you have a blood relative in the agency and you will be just fine.

Leave a comment:

• mach1
    replied
    Originally posted by dannmann1050 View Post
    Hello,

As an out-of-stater looking to relocate, is there a study guide online for the state test? I have google'd it, but come back with everything but what I'm looking for. Anyone have a link or two.

Thanks!!! BE SAFE
    I dont have any links for a study guide, but I can tell you that the test is very easy and a study guide is not needed. If you made it past the 8th grade you will be fine. The hiring process is simple and as long as your in decent shape and have experience, you shouldnt have a problem getting to the academy. The state would rather send a 150 to the academy and haze you in till they have 50 people left. Instead of just hiring the 50 most qualified people. There are some threads on the forum if you do a search.

Leave a comment:

• dannmann1050
    started a topic Study guide for the State test

Study guide for the State test

Hello,

As an out-of-stater looking to relocate, is there a study guide online for the state test? I have google'd it, but come back with everything but what I'm looking for. Anyone have a link or two.

Thanks!!! BE SAFE

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8658 users online. 394 members and 8264 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X