Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I been warn may times and I did not listen.. JPD

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I been warn may times and I did not listen.. JPD

    I saw a story in the clarionledger about JPD this morning... http://www.clarionledger.com/article...news|text|Home

    So I gave them a call to findout more info about the hiring process, and I called (601) 960-1200 and the lady that answer came across as how dare I called and was some what rude. I asked about eyesight requirements and she like hold and the music while on hold was some uptown jamming stuff. Then a major answer and he had no idea and said heck if you can see the numbers on the phone you be find. I started laughing . Just wow... Then said if the doctors sign you off then you fine, we dont have min standards when it comes to that stuff. Blew me away. I was warned and now I know. Anyway if you have a question about JPD dont ask they dont know.

  • #2
    Bro, I applied at JPD about 2 years ago and thank god I had the sense to pull myself from the process halfway through. The quality of the applicants there was pretty bad. And yes, the HR lady on the phone was a jerk to me too when I called.

    There are plenty more issues with that department besides HR and their hiring process. I did a ride along with them last year out of curiosity and it was.... interesting.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by headonstraight View Post
      Bro, I applied at JPD about 2 years ago and thank god I had the sense to pull myself from the process halfway through. The quality of the applicants there was pretty bad. And yes, the HR lady on the phone was a jerk to me too when I called.

      There are plenty more issues with that department besides HR and their hiring process. I did a ride along with them last year out of curiosity and it was.... interesting.
      Here where I went wrong, I thought because of some media attention they would be prepared to answer question.. Must less have someone that was friendly greeting callers. Then the icing on the cake was the major. They are not serious about hiring good people. Glad I have unlimited calling. I would hate to know I paid 10 cents a min for that.

      Comment


      • #4
        The city of Jackson in general won't be right until the DOJ comes in and cleans house and starts fresh. Thank God I moved out of Jackson before Melton got in office.

        Comment


        • #5
          She probably just had no clue what to tell you. That's the problem with JPD, besides their lack of a chain of command. They don't put the most qualified people in positions to answer the questions in the first place.
          http://www.tigalaya.com/index

          Comment


          • #6
            I believe that.. I would have thought with the State wide newspaper they would be half prepared to answer question. WRONG. I dont think it was a hard question to answer. Many departments even post their eye sight requirements. Heck the major did not even know the term eyesight. Like I said at least I have unlimied calling,

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Young SGT View Post
              She probably just had no clue what to tell you. That's the problem with JPD, besides their lack of a chain of command. They don't put the most qualified people in positions to answer the questions in the first place.
              They don't have a pool of qualified people in the first place to draw from, which creates the second part of the problem, putting qualified people in these positions.
              Geaux Tigers

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GC Tiger View Post
                They don't have a pool of qualified people in the first place to draw from, which creates the second part of the problem, putting qualified people in these positions.
                Exactly.
                http://www.tigalaya.com/index

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have/am considering JPD as a DESPERATE means of getting into LE, I've been dispatching for about 4 yrs now but still am holding out hope that I will never have to go to JPD, even just trying to confirm a warrant with them becomes a 3hr hassle.

                  P.S. When I told my mom I was thinking about LE 4 yrs ago she told me thats fine just dont go to Jackson.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by drwilso87 View Post
                    I have/am considering JPD as a DESPERATE means of getting into LE
                    I'm applying tomorrow for that reason
                    Stay safe out there

                    "Cancel that central, its a moose"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nothing wrong with getting your foot in the door. And you may enjoy it. I know there are good officers there, it's just that their command staff seems to be lacking. I wish you guys the best.
                      http://www.tigalaya.com/index

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by saultsaultsudio View Post
                        I'm applying tomorrow for that reason
                        I still havent convinced myself that I am willing to work Jackson, its not so much the city as it is the PD I know I can get in and do my two years and transfer somewhere...but look at how I speak of it as going to jail!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well I am color vision impaired (yes can see all major colors etc) so I will take anything right now that doesnt send me into the prison system
                          Last edited by saultsaultsudio; 08-19-2011, 05:53 PM.
                          Stay safe out there

                          "Cancel that central, its a moose"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by saultsaultsudio View Post
                            Well I am color vision impaired (yes can see all major colors etc) so I will take anything right now that doesnt sent me into the prison system
                            Are you from MS?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by drwilso87 View Post
                              Are you from MS?
                              Nope. Living in the Chicago area now.
                              Stay safe out there

                              "Cancel that central, its a moose"

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 9716 users online. 466 members and 9250 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X