300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave_S View Post
    For the past 20 years Hinds County Sheriff was Malcolm McMillin - He was voted out last week, although the results are sketchy. New Sheriff is Tyrone Lewis. And I agree - Hinds SO is on the same path as JPD now without McMillin.
    No offense to the guys and gals that work there, but JPD is on a downhill slope, and it starts with command staff. Now add in the guy who was once an interim chief at JPD as the sheriff... Those guys will be firing deputies that didn't support Lewis, and adding the JPD guys that once worked for him.

BTW, wasn't Lewis the one who got in trouble for his son running some kind of party out of the JPD training academy?
    http://www.tigalaya.com/index

Comment

Sure was SGT - he let his son charge people to attend parties at the training facility without the proper permits or insurance - not to mention THEY WERE USING THE JPD TRAINING FACILITY! It all happened around 2008 I think. No idea how that all turned out, though. And check out this story about his personal monitor that he had overseeing the ballot counting last week: http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/201...e-monitor.html

Comment

That's what I thought. I saw the reports about the ballot counting. McMillan didn't want to contest it, so he conceded. I think he saw the writing on the wall. Local media has been trying to make an issue about the "M.E. McMillan" on the back of the S.O. cars. Trying to make it out that Mac had spent all the county's money doing that. I can't stand the media.
        http://www.tigalaya.com/index

Comment

Somebody bulldoze that city and start over

Comment

It says a lot when a city/county is hiring and either certified officers or people who want to get into LE wont touch it - especially in this economy. I think i'd rather go to Rankin or Madison SO reserves to get certified than go to JPD!

Comment

Not trying to hijack this thread, but since JPD came up I have a question….

Doesn’t JPD run their own police academy? If so, can someone go through JPD’s police academy and then transfer to another department? I didn’t know how that worked since someone with JPD would have a JPD police certification and not from somewhere like MLEOTA.

Comment

Originally posted by KW911 View Post
                Not trying to hijack this thread, but since JPD came up I have a question….

Doesn’t JPD run their own police academy? If so, can someone go through JPD’s police academy and then transfer to another department? I didn’t know how that worked since someone with JPD would have a JPD police certification and not from somewhere like MLEOTA.
                Yes... Everyone is certifed by the MS Standards and Training Board. Just like there are different academys at Tupelo, Moorehead, or Hattiesburg.
                ATF Special Agent
                Application Submitted: February 28, 2012

Deputy US Marshal
                Application Submitted: March 5, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Oxford30 View Post
                  Yes... Everyone is certifed by the MS Standards and Training Board. Just like there are different academys at Tupelo, Moorehead, or Hattiesburg.
                  Thank you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7757 users online. 395 members and 7362 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X