Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rankin County Reserve units (or cities within Rankin)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rankin County Reserve units (or cities within Rankin)

Hey everyone,

I am looking into getting into a reserve unit around Rankin County as a means for Full-Time employment( whenever someone starts hiring). Do any of you know anything about the reserve units around here? I was also wondering if anyone know if the deparments around here look to hire Reserves when they get ready or will they generally look to outside applicants who are already certified.

I tried doing reserves with another county around 8 or 9 years ago, but at 21 and just married, I spent more time chasing money and not enough commitment to the reserves. Now my company is shutting down and I intend to scratch the itch I got back then for LE work. Any help you can give me would be great.

Oh, since I am new here, I just wanted to say Hey everyone! Nice to meet you all.

Some places it's a foot in the door, and other places it's not. I would recommend talking with different chiefs or the Sheriff and see what they've got to say. If you're interested enough, Hinds SO has a reserve program.
    http://www.tigalaya.com/index

Comment

I was with Hinds SO when I turned 21 and thats where I got the bug for it. Since I live in Rankin County now, I was hoping to find one out this way. I talked to someone about Rankin SO reserves and was told to wait until October to turn in the application or it would get lost before they started reviewing them. so I wanted to do a little homework before then. I was mainly hoping someone could give some information about how the different reserve units operate around here and if they seem pretty supportive of them within the overall department. As far as going full time, its an end game. Not something I see happening anytime soon so I am really just focused on a doing what I can as a reserve (or part time).

Thanks for the reply SGT. Stay safe

Comment

Rankin has a good reserve unit, as far as I can tell. They do have to work, though. It's not like some agencies I know where you get a badge and then you do what you want. They work football games, parades, Halloween, and other special details. They also utilize them on holiday checkpoints, so that's a plus. If I remember correctly, you have to ride 100 hours with a deputy... Now that number is probably exaggerated, because it's rumor-mill, but that's what I've heard. Either way, though, it ain't a bad gig. you'll probably want to wait til January, since the new sheriff will be coming in.
        http://www.tigalaya.com/index

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10521 users online. 501 members and 10020 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X