Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You saying you didnt have a water bottle with you at all times to hydrate yourself whenever you wanted along with every other Cadet???? Or was the water too bitter at patrol school for you???

Originally posted by mach1 View Post
    The staff is to blame. If they are not giving enough breaks for hydration. If they let a cadet get severely dehydrated to the point that he had kidney failure, they were not paying attention or looking for the signs of dehydration. Most likely the staff didn't notice the cadet, because they were busy screaming on the megaphone and slamming down metal chairs by the cadets as they do push ups. Im not bitter, in fact I almost didnt apply, because of the history MHP has on the coast. But I decided I would give it a shot. The academy pretty much confirmed my thoughts about the agency.

Comment

• Do you have a water bottle with you yes. Can you drink from it with out getting permission, no you cant. Do you get permission to hydrate every time you ask, no. Honestly the hazing stuff doesnt bother me and I felt like I was hydrated, during my stay. My only complaint would be being told I would be forced out for not being physically fit, even tho I was in good enough shape to pass the states physical requirements to graduate. But my understanding now is that it was just a trick to get me to quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrP46 View Post
        Well I have to say I personally never felt abused or treated unfairly one time at patrol school and my class started in the month of July also. And I am pretty sure every other Trooper in MS well say the same. Thats getting "real". Its easy, dont want to go through the training to become a Trooper dont apply. No one is forcing anyone to attend but nothing will be given on a silver spoon to the ones that stay. Everything will be earned just as every Trooper before them has done.
        As stated....67 folks dropped out during Cat 5 Conditions isn't something to be proud of and apparently you and the Cadre are.... Whats it going to take....someone dying before you guys realize your ways are *** backwards when it comes to training....?

Whats funny is the way folks are trying to protray things as being professional ....but when you look at the pics it looks like a Frat House duirng Rush Week.....with some fat Trooper standing there watching with a smirk on his face.

What a inspiration that must be to the young Trooops.....

Comment

• I personally don't have a problem with how MHP handles their class, but those guys going in should've known that after a period of down time with no trooper school, that it was going to be some sinister shyt coming their way. I just hope they don't lose more to grades, because that's next to come. I got money on 40 graduating. Either way, it makes no difference to me. When I was at MLEOTA, I had plenty of water, and the staff was really good about letting the guys have water if they needed it. It might cost you some mountain climbers, but the sacrifice appeared to be well worth it - I was just too afraid to ask.
          http://www.tigalaya.com/index

Comment

• Yep and having gone to both Basic Police Academy and Trooper School at MLEOTA..........neither program is a silver spoon cake walk. I know you will agree, even though you pull for that sorry school!!!! Hahah.

Originally posted by Young SGT View Post
            When I was at MLEOTA, I had plenty of water, and the staff was really good about letting the guys have water if they needed it. It might cost you some mountain climbers, but the sacrifice appeared to be well worth it - I was just too afraid to ask.

Comment

• What dog do you have in this race??

You think its luck that Mississippi has such low numbers of officers killed by gunfire in the line of duty??? No its because most of them attended police academy at MLEOTA. And do you think its luck that MHP hasnt lost a Trooper to gunfire since 1987????

Like I asked, what do you care how the training is?? No one is asking you to do it. All of us are blue and in this profession for a reason. Why hate? All my brothers and sisters in blue stay safe out there.

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
              As stated....67 folks dropped out during Cat 5 Conditions isn't something to be proud of and apparently you and the Cadre are.... Whats it going to take....someone dying before you guys realize your ways are *** backwards when it comes to training....?

Whats funny is the way folks are trying to protray things as being professional ....but when you look at the pics it looks like a Frat House duirng Rush Week.....with some fat Trooper standing there watching with a smirk on his face.

What a inspiration that must be to the young Trooops.....

Comment

Yep and having gone to both Basic Police Academy and Trooper School at MLEOTA..........neither program is a silver spoon cake walk. I know you will agree, even though you pull for that sorry school!!!! Hahah.
                I'm sorry where I'm from we believe in championships lol
                http://www.tigalaya.com/index

Comment

What dog do you have in this race??

You think its luck that Mississippi has such low numbers of officers killed by gunfire in the line of duty??? No its because most of them attended police academy at MLEOTA. And do you think its luck that MHP hasnt lost a Trooper to gunfire since 1987????

Like I asked, what do you care how the training is?? No one is asking you to do it. All of us are blue and in this profession for a reason. Why hate? All my brothers and sisters in blue stay safe out there.
                  Umm hardly any of the coast's departments send officers to MLEOTA. We also dont see many death by gunfire here either. A good bit of agencys in the Jackson area also got away from sending officers to MLEOTA around 2006. I dont know if that is the current situation tho.
                  Last edited by mach1; 07-19-2011, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Ummm, well buddy I can tell ya I know officers from all over the state and well over majority of them have been to MLEOTA. But if you reread what I posted I said "most".

Originally posted by mach1 View Post
                    Umm hardly any of the coast's departments send officers to MLEOTA. We also dont see many death by gunfire here either. A good bit of agencys in the Jackson area also got away from sending officers to MLEOTA in the around 2006. I dont know if that is the current situation tho.

Comment

• "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but PAINFUL. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been TRAINED by it. Hebrews 12:11"

Comment

• I went to MLEOTA and they are a very physical academy, but they do lack in the academic areas. Report writing, DUI investigations and other areas are lacking at MLEOTA. I was in great shape when I left, but I do wish that they would have put more emphasis on the other areas as well. Being a officer now a days takes more than a knuckle dragger.
                        Geaux Tigers

Comment

Your post
                          I have no dog in this race BUT...... Last time I checked, this was an open message/board. I just find it silly that you guys do crap like that and take pride at the number of folks you drop.......

Low numbers of officers down could easily be wrote off as you guys aren't making a ton of stops, you guys aren't engaing in lots of bad guys, the population down there respects cops more so than other places, etc..... Once again, neither of us have any studys to back that...... So trying to toss it off completely on training isn't going to work......

Comment

• Originally posted by GC Tiger View Post
                            Being a officer now a days takes more than a knuckle dragger.
                            Bingo! More to LEO work than just smacking folks around when they need it......

Comment

• It also should be pointed out that MHP is not full service as in they only do traffic. They are not responding to high risk crimes. Im sure that has alot to do with line of duty deaths. Maybe thats why they over compensate with the academy

Comment

• Originally posted by Young SGT View Post
                                There's more to policing than traffic stops. Oddly enough, that's why I didn't want to be a trooper. I like being the police.

Don't know what you're trying to say? I thought all of us were the police, whether you're an officer, deputy or trooper. If your inferring Troopers don't do "real police work" then I will humor you and tell you I was the so called "police " way before I became a Trooper........can't say I miss being the "police" either.....

If and when I do, I simply listen to my city/county radio, respond (to mostly high risk crimes in progress), help out and go 10-8 minus the paperwork, I don't respond to the routine calls, because normally assistance is not needed on those, but there are times all the deputies are 10-6 and they request us to respond to routine calls, which we handle.....to which my philosophy is, if I respond and I'm the first one there and an arrest needs to be made.....I make it. We are not required to wait for anyone to get there, I don't care if it's a city or out in the county. I clean what I catch.....

Hell, Bearcat, worked in an area where some counties didn't even have a deputy on duty sometimes and the Trooper (I know it's hard for you to believe) was the only POLICE!

But then again, I can not comment intelligently on how the Troopers in MS work, so I’ll capitulate to you and let you fill me in...

Either way, I would refrain from making such broad statements about Troopers......(if you meant all Troopers)
                                Last edited by statebear; 07-20-2011, 06:04 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10248 users online. 344 members and 9904 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X