300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    From talking to my friend down in MS, Reserves are different then they are in MO......
    Yeah, this was in Oklahoma......I have no experience working with reserves in MO.

Comment

• Originally posted by statebear View Post
      Yeah, this was in Oklahoma......I have no experience working with reserves in MO.
      Ah...I keep forgetting you started there before you graced us with your appearance in MO....

Reserves in MO have to go to same academy everyone else does and have to get same continuing ed hours POST wise like everyone else does......

MS that isnt the case from what my friend said..... And he also said (depending on the agency) a lot of their duties are limited......

As I (and someone else state) until he starts working full-time shifts and doing the job for a living.....he's not got a clue what he's in for.......

Comment

• Headonstraight, statebear gave you some good advice. Right now, you're really just coming across as someone who is bitter that they didn't get hired.
        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

• Reserve Duties in Mississippi vary from department to department. The previous department I worked for, reserves were pretty much armed security. They worked special events at the schools and city property, if there was arrest that needed to be made they would call a Officer to come handle it. They did not work the road, with an officer or without. However the city I live in Reserves have the same duties as a full time officer just not 40 hours a week. Some of them even have a take home car. They also do not attend a full time academy, there is a abbreviated academy for reserves.

Comment

• OMG! Do not look at the Troopers' new pics of patrol school. There is so much hazing going on some of your heads are going to spin completely off you body. It is SO bad, you will probably file a lawsuit on the cadets' behalf. Yes, it is that bad. Just remember...I warned you. It's a mecca for hazing down there...Tau Phi Sigma (aka Trooper Patrol School).

Comment

• Originally posted by Good Ole Boy View Post
              OMG! Do not look at the Troopers' new pics of patrol school. There is so much hazing going on some of your heads are going to spin completely off you body. It is SO bad, you will probably file a lawsuit on the cadets' behalf. Yes, it is that bad. Just remember...I warned you. It's a mecca for hazing down there...Tau Phi Sigma (aka Trooper Patrol School).
              Wow.... Another "student" making comments.....

Comment

• I was a student, yes...now currently serving as a police officer. Yes, full time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Good Ole Boy View Post
                  I was a student, yes...now currently serving as a police officer. Yes, full time.
                  Change your profile then "Mr Police Officer..."......

Comment

• There's more to policing than traffic stops. Oddly enough, that's why I didn't want to be a trooper. I like being the police.
                    http://www.tigalaya.com/index

Comment

• Originally posted by Young SGT View Post
                      There's more to policing than traffic stops. Oddly enough, that's why I didn't want to be a trooper. I like being the police.
                      Same here brother.

Comment

• http://www.wlox.com/story/15109575/i...hool-too-tough

I love how the troopers are trying to blame a cadet being hospitalized on cadet not being ready. What is the point of the pt test? If that doesn't prove that your physically fit for the academy.

Comment

• So who is to blame for the remaining Cadets that are there and are doing just fine???? Or the others that have been through the same school and are now Troopers???? When that go home bone starts hurting everyone has excuses or is bitter they couldnt make the cut.

Originally posted by mach1 View Post
                          http://www.wlox.com/story/15109575/i...hool-too-tough

I love how the troopers are trying to blame a cadet being hospitalized on cadet not being ready. What is the point of the pt test? If that doesn't prove that your physically fit for the academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrP46 View Post
                            So who is to blame for the remaining Cadets that are there and are doing just fine???? Or the others that have been through the same school and are now Troopers???? When that go home bone starts hurting everyone has excuses or is bitter they couldnt make the cut.
                            67 gone...? Those numbers are higher than some high speed military schools..... Get real. They are abusing people just to abuse them..... There are plenty of other Police Academies in the US that are high stress and produce quality officers in the end that don't lose that many......

Further....in those high speed schools that the military runs....if that many people hit the hospital at one time.... they'd be relieved do duty......

Whats it going to take before they opt to change....killing some poor kid off that doesn't get hydrated properly and is so out of it he doesn't relaize he's about to stroke out....and the staff doesn't realize it because they are playing Mikey Mouse games....?
                            Last edited by Bearcat357; 07-19-2011, 09:33 PM. Reason: Spelling....

Comment

• Originally posted by MrP46 View Post
                              So who is to blame for the remaining Cadets that are there and are doing just fine???? Or the others that have been through the same school and are now Troopers???? When that go home bone starts hurting everyone has excuses or is bitter they couldnt make the cut.
                              The staff is to blame. If they are not giving enough breaks for hydration. If they let a cadet get severely dehydrated to the point that he had kidney failure, they were not paying attention or looking for the signs of dehydration. Most likely the staff didn't notice the cadet, because they were busy screaming on the megaphone and slamming down metal chairs by the cadets as they do push ups. Im not bitter, in fact I almost didnt apply, because of the history MHP has on the coast. But I decided I would give it a shot. The academy pretty much confirmed my thoughts about the agency.
                              Last edited by mach1; 07-19-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Well I have to say I personally never felt abused or treated unfairly one time at patrol school and my class started in the month of July also. And I am pretty sure every other Trooper in MS well say the same. Thats getting "real". Its easy, dont want to go through the training to become a Trooper dont apply. No one is forcing anyone to attend but nothing will be given on a silver spoon to the ones that stay. Everything will be earned just as every Trooper before them has done.

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                                67 gone...? Those numbers are higher than some highspeed military schools..... Get real. They are abusing people just to abuse them..... There are plenty of other Police Academies in the US that are high stress and produce quality officers in the end that don't lose that many......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7098 users online. 377 members and 6721 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X