300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by statebear View Post
    They may survive, but not all know what to do.......

True....but I've seen that with 1-2 of your Troopers as I thought WTF in my head after they've done some boneheaded stuff.......

Minus the haircuts, everything else was about the same.

I've been at your joint when a class is in session.....Rough..? Yeah...but it wasn't that silly.....Once again, just me thinking out loud at the sillyness of that and posting it on the web......

Comment

Your right, but their is a difference with being out in county BFE or city BFE where the pop is less then a couple hundred or so and being cut loose in the metro by yourself......
      Meh....working in Troop H AO.....the Troopers and Deputies do the same thing (minus the crash investigations for the most part).... BTDT......

Comment

Originally posted by BamaCounty View Post
        Don't get me wrong the PT was hard but no time did I felt like I was seeing hazing.
        Same here...and my PT/DT Instructor was a honest to God US Army Retired SF SGM........and we would get smoked all the time just because......

Comment

Gah, the academy is so tough even people who aren't going and don't intend to go are whining!!!!
          "Constantia comes victoriae"

“Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:

- I shall not fear anyone on Earth.
          - I shall fear only God.
          - I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
          - I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
          - I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.”
          ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by rgr2day View Post
            Gah, the academy is so tough even people who aren't going and don't intend to go are whining!!!!
            Not whinnnig at all....just making comments that it looks like like a bunch of mind games and PT.....just like how Frats use to haze folks back before Universities/States made that silly crap illegal.......

Whats next....pantie raids and paddles........?

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
              True....but I've seen that with 1-2 of your Troopers as I thought WTF in my head after they've done some boneheaded stuff.......

I've been at your joint when a class is in session.....Rough..? Yeah...but it wasn't that silly.....Once again, just me thinking out loud at the sillyness of that and posting it on the web......
              As stated earlier, some folks slip through the cracks.......no system is perfect. The ones that do screw up are dealt with.....

Rough can have many definitions, it all boils down to what's rough for one guy may not be rough to another.......I would never want to experience it again......I'll leave it at that.

Comment

"AST has a better way of training tho and the instructors give respect to the cadets with experience." Training hasn't started yet, you were there what, a day or two? This is just the you better damn sure want this more than anything else weeding out phase. Seeing how they give hair cuts isn't enough to judge how they train......there's over 22 more weeks left.

But remember I tried to warn you...........and you said you were gonna "get you some".
                Last edited by rgr2day; 07-14-2011, 09:31 PM.

“Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:

- I shall fear only God.
                - I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.”
                ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Meh....working in Troop H AO.....the Troopers and Deputies do the same thing (minus the crash investigations for the most part).... BTDT......
                  Agreed, each area is different and we have discussed in the past how you choose to help out whenever you could and therefore made friendships that otherwise would not have been made if you had done like others in the area and waited till some else showed up to handle business. I also have BTDT, on the other side of the fence; I didn’t start Trooping right out the gate....so I know exactly were you are coming from.....

But in the end, there are all kinds out here bro, regardless of agency.....you know that better then anybody.....
                  Last edited by statebear; 07-14-2011, 09:35 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

It is mind games and PT, what part of all this don't you people understand. All they want are the people who want to be MHP troops they will endure all of this. The remaining cadre will be molded into troops and given the best training in the state. The tac officers can concentrate on them knowing they are fully committed to being a troop and not just wanting a job.

Update.....as of this morning at the beginning of day 4, 55 cadets had quit patrol school.
                    Last edited by rgr2day; 07-14-2011, 09:36 PM.

- I shall fear only God.
                    ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

As stated earlier, some folks slip through the cracks.......no system is perfect. The ones that do screw up are dealt with.....

Rough can have many definitions, it all boils down to what's rough for one guy may not be rough to another.......I would never want to experience it again......I'll leave it at that.
                      Meh..It was all mind games to me and I was well use to that when I played Army.....and we weren't even live in like you guys nor did we have to put up with 99.9% of the BS you guys dealt with.... Do it again..? Nope....

Comment

Meh..It was all mind games to me and I was well use to that when I played Army.....and we weren't even live in like you guys nor did we have to put up with 99.9% of the BS you guys dealt with.... Do it again..? Nope....
                        Cool.....but do you regret your Army training or service? I’m 100% positive you don’t! Yet it was all mind games sometimes, right? My friend, we all have our reasons for putting up with stuff from time to time; I don’t regret going through it.....because in the end it was all worth it to me.

Comment

but do you regret your Army training or service?
                          At times the training....'cause the damn recruiter told me I would be driving around in a patrol car writing tickets on some nice post.....and I ended up in a Combat MP Company on the East/West German boarder stairing down Commies......

F'ing Recuriters.....

I learned more in my civilian academy (Round 2 as 120 didn't count in my book) and we didn't put up with the BS that these cats are apparently dealing with.....

As stated, there are other ways to help folks learn and stay alive.....instead of putting them through this crap. But ocne again, some old timer will say that he did back 20 years ago and there is no sense why a newbie shouldn't either......

Comment

At times the training....'cause the damn recruiter told me I would be driving around in a patrol car writing tickets on some nice post.....and I ended up in a Combat MP Company on the East/West German boarder stairing down Commies......

F'ing Recuriters.....

I learned more in my civilian academy (Round 2 as 120 didn't count in my book) and we didn't put up with the BS that these cats are apparently dealing with.....

As stated, there are other ways to help folks learn and stay alive.....instead of putting them through this crap. But ocne again, some old timer will say that he did back 20 years ago and there is no sense why a newbie shouldn't either......
                            LOL! At least you got an MP slot...dang Army recruiter tried to get me to sign 11B and told me it was the Army's MP SWAT team.....

Luckily I had an uncle who was prior Army and started asking me some questions about what MOSs I was thinking about, long story short, I told big green, thanks no thanks......I was in the AF recruiter's office shortly thereafter signing up for SP.....after hearing your stories (not that the AF was much better), I 'm glad I went blue. At least I got to do base LE most of my enlistment.

Yeah......those dang ol'timers.....they ruin it all the time for us youngsters....

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                              Do the troopers have barber's licenses?
                              Best post of the thread. Well done, sir.
                              http://www.tigalaya.com/index

Comment

Not whinnnig at all....just making comments that it looks like like a bunch of mind games and PT.....just like how Frats use to haze folks back before Universities/States made that silly crap illegal.......

Whats next....pantie raids and paddles........?
                                But frats had the luxury of when they got through the hazing to not have people try and kill them. They're being taught not to give up. Not how to jizz on a cracker and eat it. I completely understand what you're saying, but you have to look at it as a whole. I guess that because I went through a watered down version of what these guys are going through, I understand why it's important to have the mental toughness to put up with it.
                                http://www.tigalaya.com/index

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12282 users online. 424 members and 11858 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X