Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by headonstraight View Post
    You're not the only one.

Does anyone have a head-count on trooper school? I was curious if the drop out rate had leveled off.

Comment

• They'll lose a few more to grades. They still having another school in January? Or will this one take 3 years to come to fruition, also?
      http://www.tigalaya.com/index

Comment

• At least they are taking action on it. I worked for a state agency that makes MHP look like alter boys. The good ole boy system was all they used and there was zero accountability for supervisors. They could do what ever they wanted and never get disciplined. It was like working for the Mafia. As one of the other troops put it "What they do to their employees borderlines on criminal".

All agencies have their flaws but MHP is a great agency and has very little turnover. The guys that endure and make it to the road love their jobs and their agency. That says a lot on its own.
        "Constantia comes victoriae"

“Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:

- I shall not fear anyone on Earth.
        - I shall fear only God.
        - I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
        - I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
        - I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.”
        ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• The only thing that I've heard that really bothered me is, a trooper from the G-Troop area told me that lately due to gas price increase they were instructed to remain at their house, dressed and ready to respond to service calls only and not to actively patrol.

Comment

• Originally posted by headonstraight View Post
            The only thing that I've heard that really bothered me is, a trooper from the G-Troop area told me that lately due to gas price increase they were instructed to remain at their house, dressed and ready to respond to service calls only and not to actively patrol.
            That just sounds like an excuse not to do anything. JMO.

Comment

• Not one time have I ever been told that or heard of any other fellow Trooper being told that. Even when gas prices have been its highest.

The only thing that I've heard that really bothered me is, a trooper from the G-Troop area told me that lately due to gas price increase they were instructed to remain at their house, dressed and ready to respond to service calls only and not to actively patrol.

Comment

• So there was never a mileage limit per patrol car per month?

Comment

• Yes they have asked us to keep mileage around 2500 miles a month when gas prices have been high but that is rare and hasnt been asked in a couple of years. But thats not being instructed to stay at the house.

So there was never a mileage limit per patrol car per month?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrP46 View Post
                    Yes they have asked us to keep mileage around 2500 miles a month when gas prices have been high but that is rare and hasnt been asked in a couple of years. But thats not being instructed to stay at the house.
                    I think that just means don't dick off on duty. They can't tell you to NOT do your job. That would be absurd.

Comment

• You are exactly right, got a guy with no activity and high mileage during high gas prices....not good. But if someone has higher mileage and alot of activity.....nothing said.

Originally posted by Young SGT View Post
                      I think that just means don't dick off on duty. They can't tell you to NOT do your job. That would be absurd.

Comment

• 53 remain as of today.
                        You're not the only one.

Does anyone have a head-count on trooper school? I was curious if the drop out rate had leveled off.

Comment

• My buddy compressed three disks in his back and he had to leave. Tough break for him.
                          Geaux Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by GC Tiger View Post
                            My buddy compressed three disks in his back and he had to leave. Tough break for him.
                            How did that happen? Aggravated pre existing injury or did he do something specific that injured him?

I feel sorry for him, I've had that injury. Took me 2 years to recover fully.

Comment

• Originally posted by headonstraight View Post
                              How did that happen? Aggravated pre existing injury or did he do something specific that injured him?

I feel sorry for him, I've had that injury. Took me 2 years to recover fully.
                              He had some back problems going in so that may have had something to do with. The training is tough and his body didn't hold up.
                              Geaux Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by GC Tiger View Post
                                He had some back problems going in so that may have had something to do with. The training is tough and his body didn't hold up.
                                Man, that's gotta suck. Bad. To make it this far and go out with a back injury. ouch. Plus those kinds of injuries can really have an effect on you later, even if it gets taken care of properly. They just kinda linger.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11779 users online. 417 members and 11362 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X