300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 1 of MHP Patrol School (pictures)

I've heard 22 dropped in the first 24 hours. Pictures were posted on the Mississippi State Troopers Assocation facebook page

more pics here
    ATF Special Agent
    Application Submitted: February 28, 2012

Deputy US Marshal
    Application Submitted: March 5, 2012

I know I will get flame but if that is not hazing I don't know what is. That has nothing too do with being a trooper or any type of law enforcement. If a sport team did that or a frat there be all kinds of hail being raise.

Comment

i refering to the above picture.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaCounty View Post
        i refering to the above picture.
        Holy crap. You're right. They got a haircut!!
        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

I know I will get flame but if that is not hazing I don't know what is. That has nothing too do with being a trooper or any type of law enforcement. If a sport team did that or a frat there be all kinds of hail being raise.
          Yeah, but that's why there are no whiny *** little babys at MHP..................

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...01565549892495

It's more than a haircut, it's 23 weeks of living hell on earth............
          Last edited by rgr2day; 07-11-2011, 09:45 PM.
          "Constantia comes victoriae"

“Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:

- I shall not fear anyone on Earth.
          - I shall fear only God.
          - I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
          - I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
          - I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.”
          ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

But plenty of bad haircuts!

Originally posted by rgr2day View Post
            Yeah, but that's why there are no whiny *** little babys at MHP..................

Comment

It just absolutely baffles me (and quite frankly ****es me off) that so many people get a great opportunity and beat others out of the process and then quit...especially on the first day. I know it's hard, but it can't be that hard. Not to mention the terrible economy we are faced with right now and they get a job opportunity from a top notch department. Then again, better for them to quit in a controlled environment (Trooper School) than a non-controlled environment (the street/highway). The academy I went through was not that hard. Academically it was fairly tough, especially if you were not use to an academic environment. The physical challenge was an absolute joke. I know there were about 10% of my academy that wanted and could have handled more. I know to each their own, but I personally would rather go through hell with a group and come out the other side that way I know that my backup can take it and is going to push through. And those that can't or just want it given to them as opposed to earned should choose another profession. In this career, most people that you work with are well aware of your reputation and what your made of. I would much rather have a reputation that says I was put through absolute hell in the academy and made it and DIDN'T QUIT. Like I said earlier, just my opinion. I know making it through a tough academy doesn't solidify you as a good cop, but it certainly does go along way in helping you to be one. For those that do graduate and refuse to quit, you certainly have my respect and welcome.

As for the hazing comment,let it be known that it is strictly voluntary. No one made them go, and they are certainly not going to beg them to stay. How do you think our military members get their mettle tested before combat? Would you call that hazing as well? I think to describe it as "hazing" cheapens what these people have/will earn. There is a reason for everything and when you have been put through something like this and make it and don't quit, it all makes since once you achieve your goal.
              Last edited by Good Ole Boy; 07-11-2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

It's all one big ritual for one big fraternity. It's no secret what MHP puts those guys through. But it's no different that what Officer Candidates go through in the Marines. They use it as a training tool. If you can't think straight in there, you can't think straight out here. And it's very difficult. The problem is, you have a group of fellas that say, "it can't be that hard, I'll be a trooper". Then on the first day, they realize it ain't for them.

I respect the troopers. I don't personally care for their job, but I respect what they do and what they go through. I'm happy to see em weedin out the useless ones at the get go. Didn't we have some alternates on the board a few days ago? I hope they got their numbers called. Good luck guys.
                http://www.tigalaya.com/index

Comment

"As for the hazing comment,let it be known that it is strictly voluntary. No one made them go, and they are certainly not going to beg them to stay. How do you think our military members get their mettle tested before combat? Would you call that hazing as well? I think to describe it as "hazing" cheapens what these people have/will earn. There is a reason for everything and when you have been put through something like this and make it and don't quit, it all makes since once you achieve your goal."

right.. I am not cheaping what any trooper has earn. However I am calling it what it is. Hazing. If a frat or a football team were caught doing this, there be all kinds of hail being raise and have been raise. There a differnce in training and hazing and what you see in many of those pics is hazing. There also a diffence in doing PT all night and what is on the picture slide. If you say it's not hazing your lying to you self. To comapre what the military does and what law enforcement academy do are like camparing apples to pineapples.
                  Last edited by BamaCounty; 07-12-2011, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I dare say MHP would not have the short-handed of troopers if they spend more time in training and less time on hazing. There other ways to get rid of the weak mind than through hazing them . Many fine trooper academy have found those ways. Sadly MHP has not found those ways yet. How the leader of the State ok with this is beyond me.

Comment

Weeding out non-hackers is part of the process. I know they can come up with some sinister sht, but it's not as bad as it seems. It's mostly mind distorting and stress induced yelling. What kind of police academy do you guys have in Bama? MLEOTA, including basic, is paramilitary. This is what they do. The guys on the streets aren't going to be nice. No coddling here.
                      http://www.tigalaya.com/index

Comment

Originally posted by Young SGT View Post
                        Weeding out non-hackers is part of the process. I know they can come up with some sinister sht, but it's not as bad as it seems. It's mostly mind distorting and stress induced yelling. What kind of police academy do you guys have in Bama? MLEOTA, including basic, is paramilitary. This is what they do. The guys on the streets aren't going to be nice. No coddling here.
                        Plenty of academies out there that produce quaility LEOs that aren't that extreme....and doing push-ups as some idiot shaves your hair is idiotic......

As stated, if a frat or sports team would do something like that..... LE would be investigating for violations of anti-hazing laws........

Comment

I dare say MHP would not have the short-handed of troopers if they spend more time in training and less time on hazing. There other ways to get rid of the weak mind than through hazing them . Many fine trooper academy have found those ways. Sadly MHP has not found those ways yet. How the leader of the State ok with this is beyond me.
                          Didn't see a single picture that looked like hazing. At my last academy, we used to call that the welcome wagon (minus the haircuts).

Comment

I cannot agree that this is hazing. Idiotic, perhaps. But not hazing. Doing push-ups, squat thrusts, etc....is P.T.; nothing more. Conditioning for the body, nothing more than that. Looking on the facebook page, I see the Cadets have water. They have multiple instructors out there to observe their cadets. If a cadet was seriously injured or killed in this type of training, I highly doubt that this type of training would be allowed to continue. As long as the cadre is obeying established safety protocols, I see nothing that is immoral or overly degrading that is happening to these cadets.

There are many of us that have attended military schools of a much more exreme and punishing environment than this. Ranger, Airborne/Air Assault, Special Forces, Pathfinder, SEAL, MARSOC.....etc....Would you condsider that hazing, or training? No; if I saw something illegal, overly degrading, or immoral going on there- Being forced to roll in your own vomit, for example.....yes, I would agree. But in this case, no.

Doing P.T. and sweating in of itself is not hazing.
                            Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

Originally posted by QuietPro View Post
                              I cannot agree that this is hazing. Idiotic, perhaps. But not hazing. Doing P.T. and sweating in of itself is not hazing.
                              PT...hazing..? Of course not....

Yelling at someone using a PA Speaker...... Cutting hair with clippers while in the front leaning rest..... and some of the other crap I saw is pretty close to hazing in my book.

Once again, if a sports team or a college frat did what they were doing...there would be investigations going on.....

Further..... I went through AA and AB Schools while in the Army and we didn't do retarded crap like that..... Yelled at, roll around in sand and sawdust pits, doing PT, running....? Yeap..... But cutting hair in front leaning rest....? Why.....?

At best if it isn't hazing then it's just ****ing stupid.....especially in this age when its been proven that treating folks like **** doesn't make them better cops (or soldiers for that matter).....especially when there is a fat assed Trooper standing around in uniform watching.....

Give me a break....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11849 users online. 457 members and 11392 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X