300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MHP class 60, for those applying

I wanted to start a new thread now that the application/selection process has begun for those who are applying to keep each other up to date on how the process is going and any issues that we can help each other with.

I was told by a Master Sgt. that I can use the blank application I had left over from the last class. He didn't think they had changed anything on the app. The Meridian station got applications yesterday but they are already out of them. I have started filling out my app. but still want to get one of the new ones to be sure it is the same. Anyone started theirs yet?

Shoot, I won't be able to get to Batesville until tomorrow. I hope they don't run out.

Comment

Just called Batesville, they're not even attempting to keep applications on hand. They re-directed me to human resources in Jackson (601)987-1264 and they are mailing me an application for free.

Comment

I have went the past two days at troop f and NO apps. Monday didn't have them yet, and today they were out already. Now I have a Trooper thats gonna try to get his hands on one for me.

Comment

I was told I got the last one in H troop today.

Comment

Call Jackson and they will mail you one. Can't make it any easier than that.

Comment

My Sister in law went by K Troop yesterday, they told her they were out. I called Jackson yesterday and they are mailing me the application. Works out perfect since I'm in Alaska till April 24. Does any body have any information about the reading test.

Comment

I'm from out of state and interested in applying. Do any of you know if there's a PAT? If so, what are the requirements? What are the automatic disqualifiers?

Comment

I've never seen a list of disqualifiers, but keep in mind that MHP is the most highly sought-after agency in Mississippi, they are only going to choose those who are squared away.

If you even have to ask what their specific DQ's are, that is not a good sign.

Someone else may be able to give you a more specific answer.

Comment

Originally posted by headonstraight View Post

If you even have to ask what their specific DQ's are, that is not a good sign.
                    Couldnt have said that better....

Comment

You can bet anything that woould dq you from any other agency then some can dq you from MHP. They are ultra selective......and getting hired is the easy part.....patrol school is the trial by fire 50-60% quit, then probation gets a few more.
                      "Constantia comes victoriae"

“Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:

- I shall not fear anyone on Earth.
                      - I shall fear only God.
                      - I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
                      - I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
                      - I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.”
                      ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Good luck to all the qualified applicants.
                        Geaux Tigers

Comment

I've submitted my application and was given a sheet telling me to schedule a computerized test with one of four community colleges and have it completed before May 13th. It has begun! I've been waiting for this for so long I can't believe I'm actually in process. I remember thinking every day in the academy how much I would rather have been there for MHP. I hope this is my time.

Comment

I'm still waiting on the application to arrive in the mail, I asked to have it faxed but they would not. Any one want to fax me a blank application, I already have the green Mississippi State Training record.

Comment

You need an original. The paper is no longer white for the app and green for the training record and they've changed the order of app a bit. If they said it was in the mail you will get it soon. Just fill it out promptly and send it back whatever the fastest method USPS has to offer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6210 users online. 325 members and 5885 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X