300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mississippi Law Question

Hey guys, we were having some discussion in roll call the other day regarding laws from other states. Someone said that in Mississippi, if an officer has reasonable suspicion/probable cause to believe that a person has smoked marijuana within a 30 day period, they can be charged with with DUI....is this accurate?

Originally posted by TNmotorman View Post
    Hey guys, we were having some discussion in roll call the other day regarding laws from other states. Someone said that in Mississippi, if an officer has reasonable suspicion/probable cause to believe that a person has smoked marijuana within a 30 day period, they can be charged with with DUI....is this accurate?
    Nope. And even if it was true you wouldn't find a judge or jury to convict them. You pretty much have to catch them within a few hours of smoking marijuana to be charged with DUI-drugs.
    ATF Special Agent
    Application Submitted: February 28, 2012

Deputy US Marshal
    Application Submitted: March 5, 2012

Comment

Comment

I think that "someone" needs a brain check.

Comment

I know it would be plausible to charge someone with DUI 30 days post pot smoking, but wanted to make sure MS didn't have some kind of law like that before I offered an inaccurate rebuttal. I tried to explain the difference between THC Carboxy and THC Hydroxy metabolites to him, but he swore he knew what he was talking about (8 months out of the academy). Since I can't speak for another state, I figured I'd check first. Thanks & be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by TNmotorman View Post
            I know it would be plausible to charge someone with DUI 30 days post pot smoking, but wanted to make sure MS didn't have some kind of law like that before I offered an inaccurate rebuttal. I tried to explain the difference between THC Carboxy and THC Hydroxy metabolites to him, but he swore he knew what he was talking about (8 months out of the academy). Since I can't speak for another state, I figured I'd check first. Thanks & be safe.
            Slap the rookie and tell him he isn't allowed to formulate an independent thought or arguement for at least another year and a half.
            ATF Special Agent
            Application Submitted: February 28, 2012

Deputy US Marshal
            Application Submitted: March 5, 2012

Comment

just wow. Wive's tales are crazy
              http://www.tigalaya.com/index

Comment

Originally posted by Young SGT View Post
                just wow. Wive's tales are crazy
                No kidding

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10522 users online. 496 members and 10026 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X