Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85rx-7gsl-se
    replied
    I think he was fired for posting responses in the leo only areas despite warnings.

Leave a comment:

• ofchunter
    replied
    Wonder what got that profirefx guy banned. He seemed like a know it all anyway. I actually work for Desoto County S.O., but I can probably answer most questions if anyone has any about the other departments up here.

Leave a comment:

• GC Tiger
    replied
    Originally posted by ranger470 View Post
    Que?????
    You said best department in Mississippi. I think Biloxi and Gulfport would argue that point. Both very good departments with a ton of advantages that Southhaven could never have.

Leave a comment:

• profirefx
    replied
    Just wanted to throw my two cents in. I work directly with the guys that you would need to speak to about a position with Southaven, or with Olive Branch. Not to mention Germantown, Bartlett, Shelby County Sheriff, Tipton County, or many of the others. I work installing all of the equipment into the vehicles and I have to say that Germantown always has the money, and always has the best equip. Southaven however just in the past few days purchased Tahoes that they will be issuing out and will be outfitted to the MAX. They are really going to light these trucks up. Again if you have any questions I can get info for Southaven directly from Deputy Chief, and HR manager with OB, Captain at Germantown. You name it... I will try to help out anyone I can. I will say this though, from what I understand Southaven is down about 4 officers right now. They are only hiring laterals though and prefer ones that are certified in MS. Shelby Co Sheriff however is hiring new recruits and May 4-5 they had open physicals. I'll have to check and see if they filled the positions though.

Leave a comment:

• Young SGT
    replied
    Originally posted by GC Tiger View Post
    Pearl is the hardest academy in Ms. Have fun.
    MLEOTA-is Island.

Leave a comment:

• dannmann1050
    replied
    Thread revival

Is anyone with Southaven PD currently? I'd like to PM if possible.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ranger470
    replied
    Originally posted by GC Tiger View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Que?????

Leave a comment:

• GC Tiger
    replied
    Originally posted by ranger470 View Post
    Also, it is the best city police department in NORTH Mississippi!!!!!!!

Very professional and EXTREMEMLY progressive!!!!!
    Fixed it for you.

Leave a comment:

• memphis PO PO
    replied
    I'm a Memphis cop who now lives in Southaven thanks to Memphis gov'ts screw up. So call me biased for SPD if you like. As far as pay goes for this area, Memphis and Germantown are the top paying LE. But make no mistake, MPD is NOT the premier LE agency for the area. If you are after the paycheck (the only reason I stay) then it (or GPD) should be your 1st choice. If you want great training and equipment, and LE knowledge that will pad your resume for the future, then Southaven should be your 1st choice. If you want to be in MS then Olive Branch and Hernando are the lowest paying with SPD and Desoto Sheriff being the highest. I am not sure about Horn Lake, but I know that they work 12 hr shifts, and SPD might also. 3 days on 4 off one week and then 4 on 3 off the next i think. I know that laterals to SPD and DCSO make around 42,000, I don't know what straight hires make.
    Remember, if you have no LE exp. then anywhere is better than nowhere. You will get better training and all around LE knowledge in any of the other agencies in the area than at MPD. That is not to knock MPD, but just the reality of a big dept. with the crime problems, budget, and numerous officers competing for advancement. That is just FYI if you want to pad your resume for other LE or even non LE jobs in the future. Investigative and/or supervisory exp. is just that, and future employers don't care if it was with a large or small PD. If anyone is wondering about the advancement opp's at MPD do a search on these boards for MPD, they are few and far between. If I were just starting out again, I would pursue SPD. Just my opinion though.

Leave a comment:

• ranger470
    replied
    Let me try that link again....

http://www.southaven.org/

Leave a comment:

• ranger470
    replied
    Yes they are in the PERS system. I've been gone from there for about 12 years so I'm sure if they are hiring or not.

Go to the City of Southaven website [URL="http://http://www.southaven.org/"]

Leave a comment:

• BamaCounty
    replied
    Are they hiring now?

Leave a comment:

• jodyboy
    replied
    Anybody know if they have PERS retirement?

Leave a comment:

• ranger470
    replied
    Also, it is the best city police department in the state of Mississippi!!!!!!!

Very professional and EXTREMEMLY progressive!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ranger470
    replied
    Unless it has changed and I don't think that it has...you can live in Alaska as long as you get to work on time!!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10750 users online. 499 members and 10251 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X